Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

Since when is an ankle ever just a sprain for us. It will need surgery such is our and Garners luck 😕

Goldy was carried off a two games ago looking like a season ender and then it wasn't.

Just checked the replay (I should have done that first!) and reckon def ankle. He steps on Turner's foot and rolls it. Looks bad though, I'm sure your ankle is not supposed to bend like that. View attachment 1154427View attachment 1154428
I tore my ATFL and CFL and they told me I would have been better off breaking my ankle. My ankle still isnt right 10 months later but I didn’t have the facilities of a footy club to aid my recovery. Good luck Taylor.

Goldy was carried off a two games ago looking like a season ender and then it wasn't.
No disrespect intended but Garner's looked 10 times worse than Goldy's. He could put absolutely no weight on it straight away. Goldy was able to albeit he was limping.

Last edited:
Is there a medical report yet?

I doubt they’d have the scans done yet if it swelled up. Hoping it’s more major sprain than torn lateral ligaments. I was hospitalised and missed six weeks when I tore mine years ago. Couldn’t put any weight on the ankle for awhile and it took ages to regain lateral movement.

Fingers crossed for ya Garns! 🤞

I have busted an ankle myself (Cuban heel boots-Pub-Pissed-sloping footpath outside-broken ankle).

Which reminds me, any town planner who allows for a pub to be built on a slope, should be automatically executed.

With TG I hope its a case of "I'm right, tape it up"

I doubt they’d have the scans done yet if it swelled up. Hoping it’s more major sprain than torn lateral ligaments. I was hospitalised and missed six weeks when I tore mine years ago. Couldn’t put any weight on the ankle for awhile and it took ages to regain lateral movement.

Fingers crossed for ya Garns! 🤞
Was told he was on crutches and in a moon boot at the airport last night.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I have busted an ankle myself (Cuban heel boots-Pub-Pissed-sloping footpath outside-broken ankle).

Which reminds me, any town planner who allows for a pub to be built on a slope, should be automatically executed.

With TG I hope its a case of "I'm right, tape it up"
Don't really matter where the pub is . you still gotta get home.

I wonder if todays astrologers get more offended by it being called a moon boot than they do by not getting called astronomers?

Regardless of what the injury is he will be delisted at years end.
Could have been a gun if not for chronic injuries.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
I reckon he should have been delisted last year due to his chronic soft tissue injuries however any player can sustain an acute injury.

Yep, standard practice. Keep the weight off it then hit the R.I.C.E. treatment until it settles down. FWIW I’ve been told the news has been better than first feared. Recuperation and rehab will take some time but he should be back playing this season.

I reckon he should have been delisted last year due to his chronic soft tissue injuries however any player can sustain an acute injury.
Makes no sense to delist him. Impacts when he plays and key third tall pressure role. In our stage of development warrants 1 year call if hes ok at year end. Replaced by who?

Makes no sense to delist him. Impacts when he plays and key third tall pressure role. In our stage of development warrants 1 year call if hes ok at year end. Replaced by who?
Even though it sometimes feels like we are chasing our loses with this bloke, I agree. Forward line improved as soon as he came in, and this injury isn't down to his soft tissue issues. I guess it depends on how severe this one is and If he gets back on the park again this year.

I don't think we're bursting with enough ready to go talent that Taylor is expendable right now.

I just hope he returns and runs out the year in the same manner he has played this season so far.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back