Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

Honest question, where does he play when Curtis and Tarrryn come back?
With Ziebell and Zurhaar in the team..

I hope he stays but it shows how poorly our list has been managed.

I’d hope Tarryn or Curtis will be playing midfield minutes but if they’re not, I unfortunately can’t see how tay tay will get a game.

The reality is we never get our best 22 on the park. The day when we have to choose four of JZ, TT, Cam Z, Curtis and Garner when all are fully fit and in good form, well, that will be a very good day, my friends.

It's no secret I'm a Mason Wood fan but he didn't come back and immediately give us a point of difference. Taylor did.
Should be noted that Garner was returning from injury and managed to be that point of difference, while Wood iirc was fully fit for the entire preseason, season, season break, and season resumption and yet played the way he did.

The condition and effort that Garner presented with after such a layoff really impressed me. I'm so ******* torn on whether he's worth holding on to. If he can play this well off the back of 27 destroyed hammies and 2 scratch matches, then how might he be after an actual pre season...

It's a tough one.

He's produced more than any other forward for us this year. I think his hot and cold form has been a reflection of the lack of fit talls, seniority in the forwardline, terrible entrances and stodgy defensive football. He would have kicked bags this year playing at Port or Geelong.

Do you still wanna keep Wood too? You gotta learn when it's over, man ...

you don't see what you are saying here?

Honest question, where does he play when Curtis and Tarrryn come back?
With Ziebell and Zurhaar in the team..

I hope he stays but it shows how poorly our list has been managed.

Exactly...Ziebell is contracted until 2021.

Ideally Cam and a fit Garner would play and provide that pressure, fear and hurt factor along with the ability to take a grab and have an impact at ground level.

Ziebell is just plain off the tempo of the game and does not keep his feet along with zero impact. And that is not an assessment over just this season.

Oh... and TT made the Bont look stupid.

Curtis would get the last spot in the forward line for mine.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was surprised he didnt get delisted, maybe we'll offer a 1 year contract. Personally I think it would be too risky to do more.
He could just as easily use is RFA rights too and search around before resigning.

Seems you were right LuvtheKangas

Mate, I just hedge my bets when making assessments. If you recall, my view was that in giving TG the last two games, they were giving him a chance to prove he should stay. Because I like him as a player, I was on board with that approach.

I'll only ever call "gone" if I've been told that by someone who would definitely know.

Should be noted that Garner was returning from injury and managed to be that point of difference, while Wood iirc was fully fit for the entire preseason, season, season break, and season resumption and yet played the way he did.

The condition and effort that Garner presented with after such a layoff really impressed me. I'm so ******* torn on whether he's worth holding on to. If he can play this well off the back of 27 destroyed hammies and 2 scratch matches, then how might he be after an actual pre season...

It's a tough one.
I always saw garner as a guy who could move into the midfield and there were comparisons made to Pendlebury early on. Even last night you could see some of his movement in and out of traffic was there. I’d love to see what he could do injury free. Will that happen I don’t know but the medicos I’m sure would have some idea.

Should get a year with another year if he hits triggers like games played. He brings so much to this team and is worth the risk.

Tough, quick and fearless, the youngsters will walk taller with him in the team

Remove this Banner Ad

Back