Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Northwards

Senior List
Nov 22, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yep there was a game I think Rowville versus Noble Park where he dominated. I was there to watch a mate but Garner took the piss that day. A class above and then some.

And that was when Noble Park were absolutely humming as well ! Doesn’t surprise me he tore them up !

I didn’t watch him a lot unfortunately, they were the division above us but played against him very early juniors and then always heard that he was an absolute lock to make it very early on !
Good to see he plays the same way after a long time out with injury, certainly wasn’t our worst ! Be interesting what the clubs position on him his.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Could get rookied by Adelaide, be injury free, play 23 games, win mark of the year and kick 54 goals.

8 years is enough. Thanks Garns. Good luck.

Trade him from a team with the physical presence of ours?

Garner is one of the few blokes we have that plays like a shinboner.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Obvious class. Obvious talent. Obvious mongrel and the requisite campaigner. But his time is up, sadly
100% time is up . Waste of a good talent. Just not prepared to get his body AFL Footy ready year after year . I don’t buy the “unlucky with injuries “ excuse . Especially soft tissue ones . I know they all cant be Boomer Harveys with training attitude but There is obviously a lack of strengthening work been put in Taylor . I’m not saying that you cant be Unlucky once or twice as happened this 2020 season with heaps of hammy injuries etc . But Taylor, I’m sorry but just doesn’t scream of someone who would tear it up at the gym strength injury prevention type .

Yeh, but only twice a year.
Twice more than some mate. I am a little from column A and a little from column B. He showed today a willingness to bash into blokes which is something that has become near alien to us. This morning I was happy enough to wave him farewell, today he showed some actual spirit and I got back on the fence. He is a footballer, and maybe the season has finished a few weeks too early for him.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Twice more than some mate. I am a little from column A and a little from column B. He showed today a willingness to bash into blokes which is something that has become near alien to us. This morning I was happy enough to wave him farewell, today he showed some actual spirit and I got back on the fence. He is a footballer, and maybe the season has finished a few weeks too early for him.
[/QUOTE
Although I want to believe. He has let himself down so many times with his pi55 poor preparation & commitment to play AFL. Which for us normals would be a life time dream . I just don’t get how a bloke like this with so much talent did not take the opportunity & give his absolute all?! Not to mention his off field indiscretions aw well .

In the circumstances, Taylor did enough to keep himself in the frame. If we leave LMac aside because he was exceptional again today, Garner was one of the very few who showed any signs of life. He did a lovely little run along the boundary line, only to succumb to that curiously North malaise of hand-balling directly to the opposition. He needs to get through the WC game and he’ll get another year for sure.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

chairo

Team Captain
Dec 22, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
On a positive, if he can leave his hamstring problems behind him, he could well have a prolonged career, as he hasn't played enough to damage his body. But sadly I'm guessing it's too little too late.

RossHenshaw

Club Legend
Sep 12, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Sad but true. Averaged 5 games a year in his 8 year career.
Can’t believe it’s been 8 years ? Was Brad Scott’s golden boy for most of it I suppose. Waste of a talent . He will look back as older fella one day & say “I could have been anything”
See u in Rowville 1s mate 👍 thanks but no thanks 😊

Sep 21, 2008
Vic
AFL Club
North Melbourne
* me this blokes talent gets overplayed around these parts...seems like the less he plays the more he gets rated by some around here.

He has a bit of mongrel and is capable of some good contested marking but ultimately he is a limited footballer...he is a one dimensional half forward to who has limited speed, average decision making and poor goal kicking.

As much as it sucks we can’t hold onto these types of players for 8+ years expecting things to change.

Back