Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Remove this Banner Ad

There has to be question marks over his overall preparation. Cyril Rioli was having hammy issues and he/Hawks changed his running style and he was doing ballet or Pilates etc etc.
I don’t remember reading anything re this type of stuff about TG. Can anyone enlighten on that?

There's no point bringing in 10 kids from a highly compromised draft mate, so we're going to have to persist with a few, and Taylor earns a spot right at the top of the re-contract list based upon application.
you could also argue there is little point having a bloke on the list that sends his gamedays in the stands, there is more value in persisting with atley or jmac, at least they can make it on the park.

you could also argue there is little point having a bloke on the list that sends his gamedays in the stands, there is more value in persisting with atley or jmac, at least they can make it on the park.

It's a weighing exercise.

You don't own a crystal ball mate, we can't cut 20 players, and Taylor get's a spot on merit, not potential.

Based on merit, he'd be right at the top of the list of 22 who deserve another contract.

It's a weighing exercise.

more like a waiting exercise!

You don't own a crystal ball mate, we can't cut 20 players, and Taylor get's a spot on merit, not potential.

Based on merit, he'd be right at the top of the list of 22 who deserve another contract.
you hardly need a crystal ball to figure out his hammies are shot, whats the old saying, Insanity is doing the same thing over and over and expecting a different result? and the fact we cant cut so many players contributes to the requirement to retain players that can actually take the field.

The only "merit" Garner gets an extra season on is from being one of the only blokes with his career on the line that actually played like he wanted that career to continue. Still, history is against so he won't be unlucky to be cut, just unfortunate that it's a "North is turgid" season, not "North look alright". Still, has a game left.

1 good game a year from Garner has greater output than what you get for a whole season from Wood.

I’m not sure you can keep Garner because the guy can’t get on the park, but you can see from yesterday when he does he has the potential to be anything. His ability to break away yesterday stood out like dog nuts yesterday compared to the rest of our turtles on the list.

Don’t be surprised if he goes to another club, they get him fit and he is a gun.

Garner is gone, plenty of others worthy of a list spot before him. Feel for the players who have big injury ridden careers but that's the sport sometimes and you have to be ruthless to move up the ladder.

Garner is gone, plenty of others worthy of a list spot before him. Feel for the players who have big injury ridden careers but that's the sport sometimes and you have to be ruthless to move up the ladder.

Why should I believe you?

Do you have a well reasoned analysis you could table?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm torn on Garner. Yes he's hellishly hard to keep on the field, but that attack on the man and dynamic movement, hmm.

Reminded me of my much referenced Andrew Swallow 2017 games, where his body looked shot but he was the only bloke driving into opponents with any urgency.

Fwiw Garner looks in very good condition.

Why should I believe you?

Do you have a well reasoned analysis you could table?
41 games in 8 years, club would be stupid to keep a 27 yr old with years of injuries. Doubt he'd get a shot at any other side in the league.

41 games in 8 years, club would be stupid to keep a 27 yr old with years of injuries. Doubt he'd get a shot at any other side in the league.

Okay, who else would you delist this year?

I'm firmly in the de-list camp - what are we waiting for here?? It isn't like he shot the lights out when he finally did manage to string some games together in a few patches last year - close to 0.5 goals a game in 9 appearances. That, combined with his very suspect body means time to let go.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back