Past #6: Taylor Garner - delisted end '21 - 49 NM games/37 NM goals - go well Garns

Mar 14, 2002
Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Kangaroos
just sad when a centre break and kick to an unmanned player, is Play of the Week for us
But looked who kicked it to him. I don’t know if it was chance that LDU kicked it there but I tell you what, I am 20 years sick of seeing helicopters out of the centre

Jan 23, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I'm torn on Garner. Yes he's hellishly hard to keep on the field, but that attack on the man and dynamic movement, hmm.

Reminded me of my much referenced Andrew Swallow 2017 games, where his body looked shot but he was the only bloke driving into opponents with any urgency.

Fwiw Garner looks in very good condition.

I had him shipped off, he stays bad hammies and all, cause half our squad can't actually play.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
I had him shipped off, he stays bad hammies and all, cause half our squad can't actually play.

Mate he stuck a tackle, held a mark and kicked a goal.

You can't delist a bloke who's now clear favourite for our Best and Fairest.

Ether

Club Legend
Oct 21, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He was literally the only forward who had separation on their opponent in that clip.
He can thank LDU hooking the kick to CHF for that. His opponent (and everyone else) was headed to the flank anticipating the kick going there.

DunderHead

Premiership Player
Apr 12, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
we have a lot of players ready to be delisted at years end. Depends on what is available as to how deep we’ll go.

Garner may stay for another year if we don’t find much in the market to replace him with.

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
Darren Crocker & Taylor Garner

1600063543031.png
1600063562362.png

As a quick calculation it's 103 vs 44 over the same time span on the list.
1600064752900.png

I've compared him to Taz as well and even as injury plagued and fork stuck in as Taz was he had still played more to the same point in his career.

We may keep Taylor, we may not, there is zero indication his ability to stay on the park is going to improve.

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
He's the first guy I want to shoot out of a cannon because of the 40 odd games we've got out of 8 years of investment.

But he's also the first guy I want to stick on the rookie list for another season as he can still offer something if he ever gets fit.

Put it this way, I'd rather a fit Garner over Ziebell as that permanent forward in 2021.

So, so frustrating.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That’s the Garner dilemma. At full fitness he is better than 3/4 of the list, including our Captain.

The issue is that he can’t get on the park consistently.

If he goes somewhere else and can stay on the park, how do we like our egg, because we will be scraping it off our faces.

There is no doubt that a club will take the punt that they can get him right, because his ceiling is very high.

Shinboner1

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 13, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I don't see the harm in a 1 year contract. Was actually nice to see one of our forwards leading towards the ball carrier and being in front for the quick kick i50.
Issue is he takes up a crucial list spot in a rebuilding team and he wont get games on field when TT, curtis and mahoney come back on field so he'll be back to the reserves.

Aug 25, 2006
Mount Waverley
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Issue is he takes up a crucial list spot in a rebuilding team and he wont get games on field when TT, curtis and mahoney come back on field so he'll be back to the reserves.
I think you are confusing Taylor Garners ability with his durability?

If he is fit he is best 22.

Jun 4, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne

We have 20 uncontracted players. We can't shitcan all of them in one go even if we needed to. A LOT of one year contracts are going to be given out soon, lol.

Jul 26, 2007
The Tree
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Arsenal, Coney Island Warriors
Given we played him last game I think you're right.

We've been playing Wood for five or so weeks straight now and we certainly haven't been fattening up that pig.

koshari

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 24, 2011
AFL Club
North Melbourne
He's the first guy I want to shoot out of a cannon because of the 40 odd games we've got out of 8 years of investment.

But he's also the first guy I want to stick on the rookie list for another season as he can still offer something if he ever gets fit.

Put it this way, I'd rather a fit Garner over Ziebell as that permanent forward in 2021.

So, so frustrating.
neither are a great set shot.

Kangaroo Cat

Club Legend
Jun 2, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Doesn't Garner also work with the AFLW side? I support the one year contract possibly with triggers, i like him and how he goes about it. Who knows he might even have a healthier run next year , I'd delist our medical team before him

Back