Toast 60,000 members

Remove this Banner Ad

My god there's a lot of us.

http://www.westcoasteagles.com.au/news/2015-07-21/60000-reasons-to-celebrate

Anyone know how big the waiting list is for seats just now?

I currently at 8,500ish in line, I think I managed to jump up the list a massive 30-35 places last year. Doing the sums (if every in the wings member in front of me was to take two seats in the new stadium) I think I'm going to be right around the cut-off to get a seat. Of course that all depends on what happens with AFL/opposition teams allocation etc etc. :(

Fantastic! Well done Eagles. How many other clubs have a fanbase over 60,000, I wonder. We are surely, one of the bigger clubs after Collingwood.

Fantastic! Well done Eagles. How many other clubs have a fanbase over 60,000, I wonder. We are surely, one of the bigger clubs after Collingwood.
I'm pretty sure it is Collingwood, Adelaide, Port Adelaide, Hawthorn and now us.

EDIT: Forgot Richmond.

Last edited:
The chest beating over members is a sham. More about branding then real numbers

We have 37,000 11 game members and perhaps another 1-2,000 Vic based ticketed members

The rest (inc myself) are just email addresses and phone numbers on a marketing list

The waiting list allows for 4 tickets per membership - so I am surprised they haven't said we have 100k members

It's amazing to think about the cashflow of such a large number. Just thinking of the money I've spent on the club. When I consider the annual cost of tickets, multiplied by the number of years I've been a member, add the number of beers (and wines and scotches and bourbons) I've bought, a few things from the team store. Then key it all into a calculator... I get 5318008... my favourite number!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

It's amazing to think about the cashflow of such a large number. Just thinking of the money I've spent on the club. When I consider the annual cost of tickets, multiplied by the number of years I've been a member, add the number of beers (and wines and scotches and bourbons) I've bought, a few things from the team store. Then key it all into a calculator... I get 5318008... my favourite number!

I see what you did there.

Isn't it "5"5318008?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back