60,000+ required R23 for Richmond to break HA record

Remove this Banner Ad

Lol, perfect winters day in Melbourne and they can’t even get 60,000 to the G for their final H&A game. Yet they claim to have over 100,000 members? Must be a lot of non match day members or bandwagoners who just want a GF ticket

Are you taking the piss? or i believe you are a troll. dogs only ever played over 60K non finals 'four times in their history' 57K is a great crowd for a nothing game.

Bottom line we top the home and away attendance again, 3 out of the last 4 years. 82K ahead of 3rd placed pies.
Just short of 1.2 million cant be upset about that, still have many more years ahead of us to pass 1.2 mill+

You should be proud of your 2017 flag and the 100,000 members which smashes the record for members.

I would have thought everyone would be on board and attendance records would be smashed. After all, you have won one and look like winning two in a row. I would be on cloud nine if it was my team.

wow how was your massive crowd tonight 17K lolllll yes you guys are bad, pathetic really and in debt too by like 10 mil but here you are throwing stones against a club who won the flag in 2017 (could go back2back) 15 million in the bank.

Last edited:
Lol, perfect winters day in Melbourne and they can’t even get 60,000 to the G for their final H&A game. Yet they claim to have over 100,000 members? Must be a lot of non match day members or bandwagoners who just want a GF ticket
Yep, imagine having a lower average crowd thán such a bunch of bandwagoners though, lol how embarrassing would that be.

Richmond Finnish 6th all-time home and away attendance Record of 1,194,000. Collingwood are still the only club to draw over 1.2 million 5 times. Richmond with their 100,000 members can only draw 56,000 against the doggies. So take into account 45,000 being Richmond fans today where were the other 55,000 members? Unfortunately Richmond cats and dogs are not permitted at the mcg lol!!

If Collingwood can snatch 2nd we will have the biggest crowd in the first week of finals!!

Richmond Finnish 6th all-time home and away attendance Record of 1,194,000. Collingwood are still the only club to draw over 1.2 million 5 times. Richmond with their 100,000 members can only draw 56,000 against the doggies. So take into account 45,000 being Richmond fans today where were the other 55,000 members? Unfortunately Richmond cats and dogs are not permitted at the mcg lol!!

If Collingwood can snatch 2nd we will have the biggest crowd in the first week of finals!!

Stop blowing wind up your a***

I'm sure everyone will agree that to achieve high attendance one must play the other high drawing teams twice in the year. Richmond being mediocre for the past 35 years and would never have been able to achieve record attendance. Now that we are up and running, fixture the top teams and let's see what is achievable

Collingwood were up and running in the Malthouse years and all the top teams wanted to play you guys to attract attendance, thus the high aggregate attendance

I am bloody confident, the Tigers will surpass this figure next year, just give us the top drawing teams, and it will be done

Pull your head in no one takes you seriously, you’re the joke on big footy.
57K not 56K surely you could’ve got the crowd right. Only draw 57K you said lolll dogs only ever played (non finals) over 60K four times in their history and one was against Richmond.

Secondly how stupid can anyone be to say Tiges have 100K members and expect all to go. We have 22,000 interstate members! And all our country members or people who work or play sports they can’t all attend. If you know even an ounce of footy you would understand this without me schooling you on it.
With MCC, AFL and public reserve it’s not only for RFC seating, their is another team too who wants seats for their fans! Furthermore even if we had 500,000 members they still wouldn’t get in but you would be scratching your head thinking where are their 500,000 members why aren’t they here!
That’s the level of your intelligence to keep bringing up 100K

Again your talking hot air both elimination and qualifying finals highest attendence records, Richmond have been involved in both not pies!

Your mob finished 3rd and we still finished 82K ahead of you in overall attendance.
You talk a lot about the past when their was no gws and GC.

Our home record 61.2K that’s what I look at more than the 1.2 mill over the year cause let’s face it had we played one of gws or GC at the G (we played both away) we would have gotten over 1.2 mill or playing Sydney 1st v 2nd at Etihad on a Thursday 44K, play that on a fri or sat at the G and we get 65-70K

Haha are u being serious? Dogs probably had about 7-10K max! Ffs were you there I was! Yellow and black everywhere and I mean everywhere which is to be expected being our home game and on top of the ladder Did u watch it cause u could hardly hear them!

If you want even one person to take u seriously stop talking crap!

I'm sure everyone will agree that to achieve high attendance one must play the other high drawing teams twice in the year. Richmond being mediocre for the past 35 years and would never have been able to achieve record attendance. Now that we are up and running, fixture the top teams and let's see what is achievable

Collingwood were up and running in the Malthouse years and all the top teams wanted to play you guys to attract attendance, thus the high aggregate attendance

I am bloody confident, the Tigers will surpass this figure next year, just give us the top drawing teams, and it will be done

Lol if Collingwood are close to a premiership next year especially if rumours are true that May and Beams are coming to Collingwood the pies will easily break smash through 1.2 million through the gates again and will reclaim the no.1 position. At the first half of the year our crowds were poor but from queens bday our crowds increased dramatically drawing more people then Richmond in the second half of the year

You’re talking to much logic for that Fitzroy supporter gopies1981
Pies had strong teams in top 4 saints, cats, hawks, heck 6 of the 8 were Vic teams and the 2 interstate one being Sydney (well supported)! Even blues were strong as pies played them twice and averaged 87K

The fixture and high drawing teams is what can help maximise crowds to better the overall aggregate!

This gopy ignores facts so it’s hard to have a rational discussion with him!

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pull your head in no one takes you seriously, you’re the joke on big footy.
57K not 56K surely you could’ve got the crowd right. Only draw 57K you said lolll dogs only ever played (non finals) over 60K four times in their history and one was against Richmond.

Secondly how stupid can anyone be to say Tiges have 100K members and expect all to go. We have 22,000 interstate members! And all our country members or people who work or play sports they can’t all attend. If you know even an ounce of footy you would understand this without me schooling you on it.
With MCC, AFL and public reserve it’s not only for RFC seating, their is another team too who wants seats for their fans! Furthermore even if we had 500,000 members they still wouldn’t get in but you would be scratching your head thinking where are their 500,000 members why aren’t they here!
That’s the level of your intelligence to keep bringing up 100K

Again your talking hot air both elimination and qualifying finals highest attendence records, Richmond have been involved in both not pies!

Your mob finished 3rd and we still finished 82K ahead of you in overall attendance.
You talk a lot about the past when their was no gws and GC.

Our home record 61.2K that’s what I look at more than the 1.2 mill over the year cause let’s face it had we played one of gws or GC at the G (we played both away) we would have gotten over 1.2 mill or playing Sydney 1st v 2nd at Etihad on a Thursday 44K, play that on a fri or sat at the G and we get 65-70K

Haha are u being serious? Dogs probably had about 7-10K max! Ffs were you there I was! Yellow and black everywhere and I mean everywhere which is to be expected being our home game and on top of the ladder Did u watch it cause u could hardly hear them!

If you want even one person to take u seriously stop talking crap!

45,000 Richmond fans their today stop over exaggerating how many tiger fans were at the game. 10,000 doggie fans and 1,000 neutrals.

You guys with 100,000 members could not even break the top 5 all time attendance records help by the biggest drawing club of all time Collingwood!!

Watch Collingwood next year smash 1.2 million with ease! Richmond have peaked mate.

Collingwood are bigger just ask Roy Morgan!! Collingwood 660,000 fans in Australia Richmond ranked 5th out of Victorian clubs with 487,000! Collingwood ranked no.1 9 out of the last 10 years wow wee!!

Lol if Collingwood are close to a premiership next year especially if rumours are true that May and Beams are coming to Collingwood the pies will easily break smash through 1.2 million through the gates again and will reclaim the no.1 position. At the first half of the year our crowds were poor but from queens bday our crowds increased dramatically drawing more people then Richmond in the second half of the year

Ok one of your more sensible posts.
We will see next year and lynch coming to Richmond helps too!
You did say a top pies will outdraw a top 4 Tiges that didn’t happen.
So don’t be so sure bout next year, time will tell.

You’re talking to much logic for that Fitzroy supporter gopies1981
Pies had strong teams in top 4 saints, cats, hawks, heck 6 of the 8 were Vic teams and the 2 interstate one being Sydney (well supported)! Even blues were strong as pies played them twice and averaged 87K

The fixture and high drawing teams is what can help maximise crowds to better

This gopy ignores facts so it’s hatd to have a rational discussion with him!

Collingwood are bigger deal with it!! We have more fans around Australia! Collingwood this year have broken over 1 million for the 22nd time while 9 of those 20 were when we missed the finals. Richmond have only broken 1 million 5 times and only once when not in finals and that was in 1998 when the tigers finished 9th with 12 wins. Tou guys are the biggest bandwagon jumpers in the league and when the tigers start losing Richmond are like a medium size club. Collingwood when losing are always in the top 3 in attendance’s. Since 1990 Collingwood have been in the top 2 of attendance’s every year baring last year when we were 3rd and only won 9 games and finished 13th while Richmond won the premiership and Essendon played finals!

Last edited:
Ok one of your more sensible posts.
We will see next year and lynch coming to Richmond helps too!
You did say a top pies will outdraw a top 4 Tiges that didn’t happen.
So don’t be so sure bout next year, time will tell.

Plus our membership will increase to 85,000 minimum. People a having ago at Collingwood’s membership numbers but for missing finals for the last 4 years it shows the minimum we will ever get from now on in is 75,000! Which is the largest minimum base of any club imo!!

45,000 Richmond fans their today stop over exaggerating how many tiger fans were at the game. 10,000 doggie fans and 1,000 neutrals.

You guys with 100,000 members could not even break the top 5 all time attendance records help by the biggest drawing club of all time Collingwood!!

Watch Collingwood next year smash 1.2 million with ease! Richmond have peaked mate.

Collingwood are bigger just ask Roy Morgan!! Collingwood 660,000 fans in Australia Richmond ranked 5th out of Victorian clubs with 487,000! Collingwood ranked no.1 9 out of the last 10 years wow wee!!

Bro back to your bullshit ways stop talking Roy Morgan Hahahaha it’s to funny to mention.

Exaggerating did you just say that, I said 7-10K dogs I’m prerty sure I said that meaning between 45/50K being tigers that’s to be expected.
Anyways forget bout semantics on a few thousand here or there!

Man I can’t believe your obsession with Richmond. Who are you trying to convince who’s bigger YOURSELF, atm we are that’s fact. Now I’m leaving it there you troll every thread trying to sell the same copy and paste story!

Plus our membership will increase to 85,000 minimum. People a having ago at Collingwood’s membership numbers but for missing finals for the last 4 years it shows the minimum we will ever get from now on in is 75,000! Which is the largest minimum base of any club imo!!

No doubt you'll get to 80K+ next year and so you should. You won a flag 2010, played in a GF 2011 and 2 prelims and couldn't crack 80K but i reckon you will next year.

How has Collingwood draw since GC & GWS came in?

As for Roy Morgan...do you think Sydney's support is massively bigger as Collingwood? If so, then don't you think your whole argument is redundant...If not, then why bring up stats you don't believe in?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back