60,000+ required R23 for Richmond to break HA record

Remove this Banner Ad

The record home attendance is an average of 63,256 for the Pies when an average of 36,908 went to games in 2010

This year the Tigers averaged 61,175 when a significantly lower average of 34,818 attended games.

So as you can see in fact you are wrong. Significantly fewer people are attending on average.

As a percentage of total attendance the Tiges this year is just as impressive - probably more so - than the 2010 Collingwood record set when average attendances were so much higher.

In fact I am right as I said nothing about averages. The fact is more people are watching footy than ever before and the Tiggies couldn’t get the record. Sad really. That is no army. A squadron perhaps is more apt.

The record home attendance is an average of 63,256 for the Pies when an average of 36,908 went to games in 2010

This year the Tigers averaged 61,175 when a significantly lower average of 34,818 attended games.

So as you can see in fact you are wrong. Significantly fewer people are attending on average.

As a percentage of total attendance the Tiges this year is just as impressive - probably more so - than the 2010 Collingwood record set when average attendances were so much higher.
Careful GT, pies fans struggle with complicated mathematical principles like this. Perhaps a diagram might help?

How can Richmond say they are the biggest club when
They are actually the 6th biggest club of all time!!! Collingwood have the top 5 biggest home and away records of all time

gopies1981 Collingwood are just a flash in the pan this year. Next year they will be back down the ladder and struggling to outdraw north. Are you gonna switch clubs again?

Lol I’m Collingwood through and through. Atleast when the pies were down the bottom I went to every game. How many games did you go too from 1983-2016? I bet hardly any like all the Richmond bandwagon jumpers. Richmond are going down and pies up for the next few years. Enjoy not going back to back I will

s**t crowd tonight. Tiges had 94258 against GWS at the G, Pies only managed 72504 tonight, thats just under 22k difference.
What hapened?

Having 20,000 neutrals not being at the game, not being a preliminary final, not being the only game in Melbourne for the weekend and only having 6 degrees and raining all day did not help. Having 72,000 Collingwood fans was a fantastic effort. Good luck trying to outnumber Collingwood fans next week with 72,000 Collingwood fans at the g next Friday

Having 20,000 neutrals not being at the game, not being a preliminary final, not being the only game in Melbourne for the weekend and only having 6 degrees and raining all day did not help. Having 72,000 Collingwood fans was a fantastic effort. Good luck trying to outnumber Collingwood fans next week with 72,000 Collingwood fans at the g next Friday
Great reply, didnt disappoint.
If you were an accountant you'd be somewhere in the Bahamas sipping cocktails on other peoples hard earned money

Piss poor crown though. Pies definitely lost the title as the number one suported team in Victoria.

You’re dreaming or delusional, you pick? All, I hear are excuses!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

s**t crowd tonight. Tiges had 94258 against GWS at the G, Pies only managed 72504 tonight, thats just under 22k difference.
What hapened?

It was a s**t crowd, to think 3,000 Collingwood members didn't show up tonight, piss weak. But it still doesn't detract from the fact that over 50,000 Richmond fans failed to show up in rd 23 to stop you breaking our record

Oh and despite your 100,000 members, Collingwood still had the highest crowd of the 2018 H&A season!!!

Actually just looking at crowd records, what record did people think Richmond were breaking if they got a crowd v Dogs?

They still finished about 111,000 short of our H&A record? They fell 13,000 short of our 5th best season...Even just home games saw them 22,000 short

Last edited:
It was a s**t crowd, to think 3,000 Collingwood members didn't show up tonight, piss weak. But it still doesn't detract from the fact that over 50,000 Richmond fans failed to show up in rd 23 to stop you breaking our record

Oh and despite your 100,000 members, Collingwood still had the highest crowd of the 2018 H&A season!!!

Actually just looking at crowd records, what record did people think Richmond were breaking if they got a crowd v Dogs?

They still finished about 111,000 short of our H&A record? They fell 13,000 short of our 5th best season...Even just home games saw them 22,000 short
Highest crowd? Haha, Anzac day wil get that regardless of who plays. Our 90+ crowd was against lowly Blues on a Thursday night, and more importantly we had a higher H&A attendance and even a higher total attendance even thouh you have had the luxury of playing an extra final.

Well said mate.....to have 72,000 hard core Collingwood fans in freezing cold conditions just proves how loyal and fantastic our fan base are....then Collingwood chant in the last qtr was amazing!!! Louder then any Richmond crowd could ever get!! Richmond are just bandwagon jumpers and that is it

Highest crowd? Haha, Anzac day wil get that regardless of who plays. Our 90+ crowd was against lowly Blues on a Thursday night, and more importantly we had a higher H&A attendance and even a higher total attendance even thouh you have had the luxury of playing an extra final.

Coming off a premiership unveiling your flag which is a once time in a lifetime opportunity for Richmond fans

Last edited:
Couldn’t even sell out the public reserve. Minnows.

Six in a lifetime for me, how many for you, five isn't it? Two for the Pies and three for the Lions?
cold.jpg

72k was a great crowd last night. The reasons for the big crowd last year for Rich v GWS was the fact it was a prelim and because Richmond had been so starved of success for so long and the feel good factor which resulted in a lot of neutrals showing up. I was there last night and I can tell you there weren't too many neutral supporters around.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back