AFL Toast 61 point smashing of St Kilda!

Remove this Banner Ad

god no.

They played as well as we allowed them to. No offense to you but **** I hate this point of view. Geelong maybe didn't turn up a bit, with Danger having cracked ribs; but Port and Saints tried real ******* hard. They were just blown away

Port a little but not west coast. The team put a huge amount of pressure on west coast and that match reminded me a little of what Fremantle was doing to sides in the run up to their gf appearance in 2013.

I'm not sure I would agree with those three teams not showing up.

We break teams minds and spirits with our play and the fact that we are such fast starters it's a big mountain to climb to get back in it. I thing you may be underselling us a little.

No. We made them look second rate

None taken, but I don't ascribe to the 'played as well as we allowed them to' school of thought (yet).

Perhaps it's the mental scarring, but to my eyes at least, there were a lot of unforced errors from our opponents, and more intangibly, a lack of intensity - both being aspects of the game that are controllable by them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm elated with the outcomes, I'm just not entirely convinced of the degree to which we were responsible for them.

Also doesn't help when the bloke in charge of the scoreboard plays the saints goal celebration video when Joe slams one into row triple z
Also doesn't help when the bloke in charge of the scoreboard plays the saints goal celebration video when Joe slams one into row triple z
"CARN THE SAINTS" has never sounded so desperate

Also, had to laugh at Myers not getting paid that mark against Riewoldt. How does that work exactly?
It was a great call. Myers was initaiting contact without eyes for the ball, after he had illegally manoeuvred Nick, he turned and competed the mark.

Easy call. Correct call. Good call.

/Caro

None taken, but I don't ascribe to the 'played as well as we allowed them to' school of thought (yet).

Perhaps it's the mental scarring, but to my eyes at least, there were a lot of unforced errors from our opponents, and more intangibly, a lack of intensity - both being aspects of the game that are controllable by them.

Don't get me wrong, I'm elated with the outcomes, I'm just not entirely convinced of the degree to which we were responsible for them.
Whenever a side beats another by a big margin, the opposition faults are magnified.

The sides that we have beaten have usually had their contested ball count way down on their season average.

I reckon the primary reason for this is not that they are "not up for the contest" but that the cavalier Essendon game style makes it far more difficult for the opposition to lay tackles. The Dons are very quick and cohesive.

I like the way that Woosha has introduced the changing of the pace of the game. Where Dons can play tight and keepings off type football and then up the ante to break a game open when the time is right.

And we now have midfielders that serve the primary purpose of placing big bodies onto the primary opposition taggers and contested ball winners to allow our more skill full guys to have more space and time.

Bottom line is that I reckon our good wins were not simply the opposition having an "off day".

This week and last week. Both wins but both consistent in which we played slick & tough footy. And we play it better than most.

That's all I want. That's all we want.

Now let's do it 3 weeks in a row next week for the first time this year and keep building.
Careful Macca. Hope is a horrible thing.

Last edited:
Just watching the replay now and have come up to the point of the game in the 2nd quarter where we are up by 15 points. We win the ball off the half back and Gleeson runs through the middle with pace, kicks it into fwd 50 with Fantasia running into it. Orazio goes on to miss but it is an exciting passage of play. Saints rebound out of 50 but McGrath spoils the mark, then smothers the kick out of bounds. Bellchambers takes it out of the ruck and snaps inside 50, Stewart wins the crumb, handballs it off to zaharakis who snaps a goal. Bloody exciting minute of the game!

Just watching the replay now and have come up to the point of the game in the 2nd quarter where we are up by 15 points. We win the ball off the half back and Gleeson runs through the middle with pace, kicks it into fwd 50 with Fantasia running into it. Orazio goes on to miss but it is an exciting passage of play. Saints rebound out of 50 but McGrath spoils the mark, then smothers the kick out of bounds. Bellchambers takes it out of the ruck and snaps inside 50, Stewart wins the crumb, handballs it off to zaharakis who snaps a goal. Bloody exciting minute of the game!

We play some bloody good football when we are on love it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Boy oh boy do we have a selection headache after this weeks AFL VFL events.

Where do Watson, Langford, Laverde, Francis and Begley slot into this team?

This is SICKKKKK!!
I'll say it again. If it ain't broken don't try and fix it.
Stants was nearly BOG, do you want to bring him in too?
Don't forget there's a big difference between McGoos and 1sts and Carltons two's were pathetic.

Bellchambers is almost our most important player, Tell me players don't play and walk taller around the big man.

He's bloody back baby.
I'm not sure if it has been a discussion point around the club but they all seem to be walking with a bit of swagger.

A bit of unsociable football has creeped in a bit this year and I like it.

Reckon we need to have the coaching panel look the Dons supporters in the eyes and promise that they will put as much effort into planning to combat kangas game plan as they did with the Saints game plan.

Otherwise it could be another Brisbane Lions, Carlton etc.

We really need a 60+ point win.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back