Strategy 666 - The Number of the Tactic, 2019

What impact will 666 have on the game?

• Major Improvement: Congestion will be gone, free flowing footy will be back!

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Some, positive: After a couple of months we'll hardly know the difference

Votes: 20 74.1%
  • Some, negative: It won't do anything positive, it'll just stuff things up a bit

Votes: 6 22.2%
  • Major Negative: It'll be a disaster

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I'll tell you after round 12. I'm not willing to put my neck out.

Votes: 1 3.7%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

I guess something new to look forward to, along with the number one priority for us - keeping the injury toll down to a minimum!

I guess overall the new rules are to allow more space for mids at centre bounces, and hopefully with this, we get more free flowing play and less ball ups...?

Overall I think, the new rules will favour teams who have a well rounded team and no major weak links in the 3 zones - forward, midfield and defense. Also teams with stronger ruck/mid combinations will likely dominate more than the typical dominance. So here's hoping Sauce can get his act together for 2019, injuries remain the barest of minimum *fingers crossed*, then we should hopefully fare well with our midfield stocks and well rounded forward/defensive zones.

Can't really see the new rules going to alter to much of the Finals makeup similar to 2018, except hopefully us pushing for a Finals berth.
We're still a phuqing good football side and the core is still strong.

I expect around 15 wins

The crouch boys will see us win alot of center clearances to what is still the best forward line and Smith will return that drive and playmaking.

Not sure I agree with Scorpus that the likes of Collingwood and Melbourne tend to clog up the midfield (Dogs and Richmond maybe) as I felt they were often the cleanest in terms of clearances (esp against us, unfortunately). I think these sides will get even better given their blend of inside grunt and outside runners. That said, I think the main beneficiary of the rule will be WC...excellent marking forwards and defenders and a solid midfield.

Back