Player Watch #69: Jason Horne-Francis - Selection 1 in the 2021 Draft - Welcome to North Melbourne

Remove this Banner Ad

Karanicolas

Club Legend
Jul 12, 2002
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool
Its in our best interests to let the dogs and pies shuffle there picks for more shitter picks.
Then dont bid. GWS will anyway.
Agree. It was more that he sounded so genuine when he said it that made me laugh. I can imagine them all texting each other last night going wow, did you see that, etc.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
New York Yankees; Leeds United
LOL when David Noble on ABC Radio said that they had not yet made a decision on our #1 pick!!
I suspect Nobes means they haven't yet decided whether to call Daicos' name first - which is fair enough as a number of factors need to be considered there.

However last night swings it heavily in JHF's favour - ie he will be first named in the 2021 draft and our first pick.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
New York Yankees; Leeds United
I haven't seen whether this is 100% confirmed but there could be 2 more instalments of JHF before draft time.

Two additional NAB AFL U19 Challenge matches are being worked through which will see the Allies (Tasmania, Queensland, Northern Territory) play for the first time.

Sunday October 3 – SA v Allies – Adelaide Oval, SA
Sunday October 10 – SA v WA – Thebarton Oval, SA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Oct 14, 2020
AFL Club
North Melbourne
I suspect Nobes means they haven't yet decided whether to call Daicos' name first - which is fair enough as a number of factors need to be considered there.

However last night swings it heavily in JHF's favour - ie he will be first named in the 2021 draft and our first pick.
Just take him at #1 - we need the publicity a number 1 pick brings, and we'll get less of it if we push Daicos to number 1.

Billy Not Really

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 7, 2018
Licking windows at the back of the bus.
AFL Club
North Melbourne
If ever there was a year to get the spoon in trade for a number one, this would be an ideal one as much as it is a bit of a pain to get it.

The highlights of Horne-Francis is unreal, could be a generational talent like TT is shaping up to be, we’ll have a really great team with such a promising crop of young talent.

Psicosis

Norm Smith Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne
"But midfield I think is where the depth of the game is either gonna create those windows that create score, or being able to shut them off & that's what we've done. Tom Powell, Will Phillips, we went with two midfielders in our draft last year, as you said Jason performed extremely well last night, certainly well & truly on our radar, and you add that in with Thomas, Simpkin, LDU, Cunnington. Absolutely that's where we feel our growth is going to come from."

- David Noble

Remove this Banner Ad

Remove this Banner Ad