Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nutjob

Premiership Player
Oct 23, 2014
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Is this guy serious? I mean, FFS, it's fine if you aren't old enough or you just don't remember. But otherwise, don't offer your hot takes about Boomer's status in the game if you don't know anything about him.

I have watched Boomer since his debut in 96. Tell me a year and I will tell you 10 better players for that year.

Again I rated him highly, just not top 10 in the league. Is that so unreasonable?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

What do you mean they weren’t playing?

Brown kicked 150 goals over the 07 & 08 seasons ??? He was at his absolute peak. He followed up with another 85 goals in 09.

Hall kicked a lot of goals over a long period and a lot regarded him as the best forward in the game. Right up until 2010 where he kicked 80 goals, he was an absolute gun.

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com
It was a joke.

I was referring to Ben Brown and Aaron Hall.

The hype around this bloke is almost out of control. Looks the goods, for sure. But will be interesting to see if Adelaide can muster one last deal that may tempt. Hope not. But you just know they will come at us again.

Jun 9, 2001
Fogarty Street
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
St Johnstone
The hype around this bloke is almost out of control. Looks the goods, for sure. But will be interesting to see if Adelaide can muster one last deal that may tempt. Hope not. But you just know they will come at us again.

Unless they're throwing in the takings from the Adelaide Oval on gamedays they can GAGF.

Passmore

Brownlow Medallist
May 22, 2001
The Gasometer Wing
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Norf
They'd need to come up with more than pick 6 and next year's first. Can't see how they do it now they can't trade players.

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Psicosis

Brownlow Medallist
May 7, 2012
Bird Rock
AFL Club
North Melbourne

There's really nothing that they can offer now that is any different to what we've already been offered.

The only thing way that they could "up" their previous offer is:

Adelaide - Pick 1
North - Pick 4, Future First, Future Second

Won't get it done for Pick 1 IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There's really nothing that they can offer now that is any different to what we've already been offered.

Adelaide - Pick 1

As it stands I reckon Fremantle are the only team that could tempt us.
We wont get any more offers. The whole world knows he is ours now.
1634686924136.png
+ future first.

Adelaide - Pick 1

Had to look it up, with them sending to Sydney Melbs pick they can only trade their first OR the second... so its Pick 4 & Future first at best only

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
There's a fair bit of pressure on this kid. He definitely looks up to it, but plenty haven't lived up to the expectations.
That is pick 1 every year.
They don't all fail because pressure.
Only 2 x pick 1's ever have not played 100 games.
Both were talls. One of those still managed a premiership.
The Hype comes every year because pick 1 is a good young player.

Last edited:
There's a fair bit of pressure on this kid. He definitely looks up to it, but plenty haven't lived up to the expectations.
So true. The hype is amazing. I can't wait to see him in our stripes. Hope he can handle the pressure that comes with being the number one pick - we don't have much experience handling that - in fact no experience.

Imbrace pick one and what it will bring instead of finding ways to do a trade.
North will not trade Pick 1 we know what we are getting and this is a major major piece of the jigsaw.
We have finally had some luck picking up Edwards in the mid season draft and we are kissed on the dick with this years pick 1 unlike some previous pick 1’s.
This is huge for the club

Mjs94

Club Legend
Apr 24, 2016
AFL Club
North Melbourne
It's going to be outside pressure only because when he walks in he is not going to be the great hope, he is going to join Jy, LDU, TT, Powell & Phillips plus the rest - there is so much there and as it has been said many times across many threads there is going to be a time where you might be able to stop one or two of them but not all 6. All the club has to do is get him to block the outside noise out and we're set

Aug 16, 2009
North Caulfield
AFL Club
North Melbourne
That is pick 1 every year.
They don't all fail because pressure.
Only 2 x pick 1's ever have not played 100 games.
Both were talls. One of those still managed a premiership.
The Hype comes every year because pick 1 is a good young player.
Yeah agree.....but there hasn't been one that other clubs have tried to use multiple first round picks to acquire. Or if there has it hasn't played out in the media like this year. We don't just want him top play 100 games, we wan't him to seek and destroy. He looks like he has the goods. Can't wait to see him running around in the new Puma jumper

May 20, 2009
coburg
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Yeah agree.....but there hasn't been one that other clubs have tried to use multiple first round picks to acquire. Or if there has it hasn't played out in the media like this year. We don't just want him top play 100 games, we wan't him to seek and destroy. He looks like he has the goods. Can't wait to see him running around in the new Puma jumper
I reckon the guys at our club leaked those offers.
It wouldn't make sense for Richmond/ Adelaide to promote a failed offer in the media.

I'd reckon IMHO that was the biggest offer made for a pick one, ever. Sends a big message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back