Past #6: Jason Horne-Francis - NM have been informed by JHF's management that he will seek a trade to SA [contracted for 2023]

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

Its in our best interests to let the dogs and pies shuffle there picks for more shitter picks.
Then dont bid. GWS will anyway.

Agree. It was more that he sounded so genuine when he said it that made me laugh. I can imagine them all texting each other last night going wow, did you see that, etc.

LOL when David Noble on ABC Radio said that they had not yet made a decision on our #1 pick!!
I suspect Nobes means they haven't yet decided whether to call Daicos' name first - which is fair enough as a number of factors need to be considered there.

However last night swings it heavily in JHF's favour - ie he will be first named in the 2021 draft and our first pick.

I haven't seen whether this is 100% confirmed but there could be 2 more instalments of JHF before draft time.

Two additional NAB AFL U19 Challenge matches are being worked through which will see the Allies (Tasmania, Queensland, Northern Territory) play for the first time.

Sunday October 3 – SA v Allies – Adelaide Oval, SA
Sunday October 10 – SA v WA – Thebarton Oval, SA

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I suspect Nobes means they haven't yet decided whether to call Daicos' name first - which is fair enough as a number of factors need to be considered there.

However last night swings it heavily in JHF's favour - ie he will be first named in the 2021 draft and our first pick.
Just take him at #1 - we need the publicity a number 1 pick brings, and we'll get less of it if we push Daicos to number 1.

You mean like, a non-integer?

‘Cos if he were to turn up with, say, the square root of 2 (√2) on his back you’d have to respect yet another great North innovation.
Someone gets it

If ever there was a year to get the spoon in trade for a number one, this would be an ideal one as much as it is a bit of a pain to get it.

The highlights of Horne-Francis is unreal, could be a generational talent like TT is shaping up to be, we’ll have a really great team with such a promising crop of young talent.

"But midfield I think is where the depth of the game is either gonna create those windows that create score, or being able to shut them off & that's what we've done. Tom Powell, Will Phillips, we went with two midfielders in our draft last year, as you said Jason performed extremely well last night, certainly well & truly on our radar, and you add that in with Thomas, Simpkin, LDU, Cunnington. Absolutely that's where we feel our growth is going to come from."

- David Noble

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back