Past #7: Adam Simpson - 306 games for NM (95-09; 5th AT) - NM captain (04-08) - current WCE head coach

who is better boomer or simmo and who would win the brownlow

• boomer

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • simmo

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Age is catching up with the great no 7. Looked slow in the clinches and gave off a lot of hospital handpasses. I would prefer to see him reading and controlling the play off half back rather than in the guts.

Simpson is a very smart player. And yes he is on the decline. But certainly still serves a purpose.

However, for us to go to the next level he must be part of the second tier midfield group - not the first tier. He has too many limitations to be one of the leading 3 in the middle.

Great servent of the club, never had good skills but always dug deep for us during the hard time..

But seriously the game has well and truely caught up with him, so slow and if you watch games against Hawks, Bulldogs and Geelong they are all quick players who have good skills and quick thinking - unfortunately if we are to push for a premiership Simpson isnt going to be aprt of it

Sad to ay but the game has just gone up another level and his body cant follow is very sad to see!

A few errors today, and I was as frustrated as anyone, but honestly...

He has had a huge year - would be top three in the B&F I reckon. North loses, therefore there will be a thread saying Simmo is hopeless. He deserves criticism for mistakes today, but saying that his career is not warranted.

Others talk about Simmo's great leadership on field and that stuff is worth bottling.

Have not seen any footage but I reckon a shyte game against Geelong is not enough to start counting down to retirement.

We have a finals series that will tell us plenty about where we are at & if we do not win it this year who will be part of our next flag.

A few errors today, and I was as frustrated as anyone, but honestly...

He has had a huge year - would be top three in the B&F I reckon. North loses, therefore there will be a thread saying Simmo is hopeless. He deserves criticism for mistakes today, but saying that his career is not warranted.

Top three???

He wouldn't be top 10. Has been very average this year. 1 or 2 good games at best.

Jones hurt us a lot more than Simmo . I love CJ , but he made me furious today .
Poor game today and needs to lift or we might have to look for a replacement sadly .

Are you serious? No one can knock Simmo's commitment this club and his leadership and loyalty over the years..but today he single handedly contributed to 4 goals and at least 6 direct turnovers due to being too slow and terrible disposal.. love the guy but if it was anyone else they would be crucified on this board... must say Watt was excellent today and even though he has me ripping out what is left of my hair..he should be congratulated for some great efforts today.

He wouldn't be top 10. Has been very average this year. 1 or 2 good games at best.

Riiiiiight.

Care to name the ten you see as being ahead of Simmo in the voting this year ?

Are you serious? No one can knock Simmo's commitment this club and his leadership and loyalty over the years..but today he single handedly contributed to 4 goals and at least 6 direct turnovers due to being too slow and terrible disposal.. love the guy but if it was anyone else they would be crucified on this board... must say Watt was excellent today and even though he has me ripping out what is left of my hair..he should be congratulated for some great efforts today.

Simmo had a shocker , but i believe Jones was worse . At least Simmo tried !
CJ on the other hand played a lazy game made worse by turnovers galore .

Simpson = Captain Calamity

He was so sloppy with his disposal today. His poor kick to Jones in the 2nd Q resulted in a goal to Geelong & then their next 4 goals. Talk about a turning point. He's supposed to be the captain & lead by example & week after week he dishes out sloppy kicks & handballs & I'm sure it must have a deflating effect on his team-mates.

For those clowns who can't fathom how we won games without Simmo this year, just watch his game today & see how detrimental he was.:thumbsdown:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Take Simmo out of the equation last year against Geelong and the clanger count would decrease significantly.

Possibly because the overall disposal count would've been halved! He was the only one doing anything that day.

He digs deep. Geelong, quite simply, put enornous pressure on and it's up to everyone to lift.

Re: Simpson = Captain Calamity

He was so sloppy with his disposal today. His poor kick to Jones in the 2nd Q resulted in a goal to Geelong & then their next 4 goals. Talk about a turning point. He's supposed to be the captain & lead by example & week after week he dishes out sloppy kicks & handballs & I'm sure it must have a deflating effect on his team-mates.

For those clowns who can't fathom how we won games without Simmo this year, just watch his game today & see how detrimental he was.:thumbsdown:

So you want our skipper dropped on the eve of the finals ?

Bullshit thread. Ever since Simmo made Geelong look like witches hats at Baked Potato Park last year, they've tagged the crap out of him. Add that to the fact that he's 2 games back from injury, and his more senior team mates had succumbed to indecision-itis.

He at least made a contest out of it everytime the ball was within cooee. Not many north players get to claim that today.

You have the same poisoned attitude as Uncle Leo don't you? Have you been in Gautamala recently?? Simmo has been a tower of team strength this season. He didn't have his running teammates around him to make him the effective player that he can be. It's team game DF.. Simmo adds courage and poise to our structure.. but then again, you failed to appreciate Simmo all season with your poisoned attitude.

Don't want to get into it too much, I agree in some ways. Interesting that I thought the exact same thing at the exact same time. Jones was on and the team was playing well at that point - Simmo just needed to hit a target! That being said, you don't want to crucify someone for one particular play. At the end of it all I reckon there's a spot for Simpson still, however some of our other midfielders need to pull their finger out so that Simpson isn't the go to guy.

No. Just to work on his kicking instead of joking about it.:mad:

Bookmark this post - Simmo will play inspirational football for the remainder of the season .
As captain he will fully understand his disposal today let HIS team down and he will do whatever it takes not to heap that pressure on his team mates again .

There is already a thread about this.

You just have to be the centre of attention, don't you DF?

When we win he is the best captain, when we lose its all his fault.

For **** sake he works hard, he is a champion.

Riiiiiight.

Care to name the ten you see as being ahead of Simmo in the voting this year ?

No ?

Okay, let me start you off.....

- Boomer
- Drew

.....ummm......

Back