Past #7: Adam Simpson - 306 games for NM (95-09; 5th AT) - NM captain (04-08) - current WCE head coach

who is better boomer or simmo and who would win the brownlow

• boomer

Votes: 8 66.7%
  • simmo

Votes: 4 33.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

Harvey
Petrie
Wells
Hale
Harris
Harding
Campbell
Pratt
Friritto
Thomas
Rawlings
Gibson

So, for instance, Harris, Pratt, Firrito, Thomas are all gonna poll above Simmo in the BF this year ?

Yeah.

To be honest, I only really asked because I figured your reply would give me a chuckle.

Happy to say it delivered.

I tell ya something its when most of our players go to pick up the ball they always double grab it before picking it up.That is the major difference between the teams as you give them an extra second to tackle you.
We need cleaner handling and to use the 1st option for god sakes,

Harvey
Petrie
Wells
Hale
Harris
Harding
Campbell
Pratt
Friritto
Thomas
Rawlings
Gibson

Delete whichever two you want.

TOD how many 30+ possesion games has he had this year compared to last year?

I think the players in bold have had a great year; but Simmo plays a single bad game against the best midfield in the comp coming back from injury and suddenly these guys are above the great man in the BnF? What - is - wrong - with - you?!

Re: Simpson = Captain Calamity

I can understand everyone jumping to Simmo's defence as he is usually a rock. But he had a shocker today, I reckon.

l agree , he just seemed out of touch . He has always kicked high "hospital" kicks but today was not one of his best games. Dont forget its only his 2nd week back from injury and to come up against Geelong is not the best way to ease back into it and find touch again.

And your top 10 is?

Wouldn't have a f'ing clue how the minor placegetters (ie. 6-10) will pan out.

But Simmo will be a long way inside that top ten, and from memory, that's the point being debated.

Ludicrous call.

Wouldn't have a f'ing clue how the minor placegetters (ie. 6-10) will pan out.

But Simmo will be a long way inside that top ten, and from memory, that's the point being debated.

Ludicrous call.

You asked who i thought were the 10 players ahead of him and i answered. If your not going to name 10 then you should at least tell me who you think he is ahead of?

I'm not calling for him to be droped. I just don't think he is in our top 10 this year.

if it was anyone else they would be crucified on this board...
He does get a lot of leeway at times I reckon.
Ever since Simmo made Geelong look like witches hats at Baked Potato Park last year, they've tagged the crap out of him. Add that to the fact that he's 2 games back from injury, and his more senior team mates had succumbed to indecision-itis.
He had no-one marking him in last year's game IIRC?

Agreed that Geelong's pressure, or perceived pressure, did, as the commentators said "worry them out of it" on many occasions. In contrast to what many, including Simpson dished up, playing Geelong really calls for pinpoint precision, making his helicopter punts even more noticeable (and aggravating).

You asked who i thought were the 10 players ahead of him and i answered. If your not going to name 10 then you should at least tell me who you think he is ahead of?

I'm not calling for him to be droped. I just don't think he is in our top 10 this year.

Second only to Boomer in number of disposals, second for tackles, 6th for the one-percenters, and leading the team in clearances. Overall efficiency of 74% - in top half of team.

Not bad for a bloke who has missed the last couple of weeks, and apparently had a shocker (with 27 disposals) today.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Second only to Boomer in number of disposals, second for tackles, 6th for the one-percenters, and leading the team in clearances. Overall efficiency of 74% - in top half of team.

Not bad for a bloke who has missed the last couple of weeks, and apparently had a shocker (with 27 disposals) today.
Just goes to show that statistics don't tell the whole story...

Just goes to show that statistics don't tell the whole story...

No, they don't.

So, how about we add in respected leader - on-field and off - relentless courage, and the vote of confidence of the coaching staff and players who have told him the captaincy is his as long as he plays?

One bad game. Get a grip.

At this stage, I'd probably have him in fourth, behind Boomer, Drew and Wellsy. Maybe slightly ahead of Hale, who'd probably be next. From that, you can obviously deduce that I would have him ahead of everyone else.

Pretty sure that's about where it's at on the BF votes, too. I think apart from Brady Rawlings slipping under everyone's guard every year, the BF votes are usually a pretty good indicator.

IMO, Simmo's season thus far puts him a mile ahead of the likes of Thomas, Harris, Spud, and Gibbo. And the votes that have been cast by the other posters on this board seem to back that up.

Honestly, dude. This discussion is bordering on the surreal.

No doubt about it Simmo had a shocker today but that doesn't mean we write him off. He wasn't alone in having a shocker either.

Yes his disposal was woeful today and cost us goals BUT Simmo is an out and out champion for our club and I'm sure he's more frustrated with his game today than any of us could be.

I'm betting he'll bounce back and be deadly through September.

No, they don't.

So, how about we add in respected leader - on-field and off - relentless courage, and the vote of confidence of the coaching staff and players who have told him the captaincy is his as long as he plays?

I assume you're talking about others here KL. All I'm saying is he had a bad game, and that 27 possessions doesn't tell the whole story. The fact that he is highly respected as captain is not in dispute.

At this stage, I'd probably have him in fourth, behind Boomer, Drew and Wellsy. Maybe slightly ahead of Hale, who'd probably be next. From that, you can obviously deduce that I would have him ahead of everyone else.

Pretty sure that's about where it's at on the BF votes, too. I think apart from Brady Rawlings slipping under everyone's guard every year, the BF votes are usually a pretty good indicator.

IMO, Simmo's season thus far puts him a mile ahead of the likes of Thomas, Harris, Spud, and Gibbo. And the votes cast so far by the other posters on this board seem to back that up.

Honestly, dude. This discussion is bordering on the surreal.

I should know better than to have an opinion that differs to yours. Apologies. Next time i'll wait for you to post and then agree with you.

I assume you're talking about others here KL. All I'm saying is he had a bad game, and that 27 possessions doesn't tell the whole story. The fact that he is highly respected as captain is not in dispute.

Thanks for clarifying - I thought you were having a go at the season stats. I have to admit to being surprised by the 27 possies today, too.

So let me clarify - I'm having a go at everyone of the posters on this board who thinks he is slow/no good/should be dropped/can't win with him in the team. And especially at 'isn't in B&F top ten' (although to be fair that belies complete ignorance about how B&F votes get apportioned).

I should know better than to have an opinion that differs to yours. Apologies. Next time i'll wait for you to post and then agree with you.

Lamer than FDR.

I assume you'll be suitably convinced after the votes have been tallied on Syd Barker Award night ?

Actually, I'm thinking maybe not.

No, they don't.

He is a great leader on and off the field,,,,, but he killed any momentum we had today with a couple of poor disposals.
Love the guy because he is exactly what our club is about and reminds our young blokes what this club is about. In a few sentances on Wednesday when pharro and myself were in attendance he had the ample hairs on the back of my neck stand up with some words on the NMFC.

Sticks

Back