Player Watch #7: Daniel Butler

Remove this Banner Ad

Love Dan Butler

I think all these little fowards will have the chance to run through the midfield and will need to develop their games to be able to do this in the future

Rioli,Castagna,Butler,Bolton,Stengle Edwards doesnt have alot of time left so i wont include him

Tracking nicely for a 4th round selection. Excellent effort to play 21 games after really struggling with injury 2015 and 16. Another preseason to work on size and endurance and I reckon he can start getting more of the pill.
Butler's got this unique little thing happening where he scoops the ball up off the ground with his foot while going at full pace, Gaelic football style. I've seen him do it on numerous occasions this year, and can't think of anyone else that does it.

558015.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Butler's got this unique little thing happening where he scoops the ball up off the ground with his foot while going at full pace, Gaelic football style. I've seen him do it on numerous occasions this year, and can't think of anyone else that does it.

Pretty certain he was a decent soccer player as a junior.

Quickly turning into a genuine star, no joke

some of his work last night was absolute class, that left footed snap was so composed i never felt like he was going to miss

Quick, has good skills and can sniff a goal. I liked him pushing up the ground and using his turn of speed to come back towards goal, be a link and hit up forward 50 targets. Looked great all night and was there in the end when we needed some class and polish to seal it

Quickly becoming one of my favourites. So reminiscent of Browny in that number 7. Absolute class.
Thanks for bumping - I was planning to do so too...

Really really like Dan, so exciting when he get's the ball, us watching and more importantly the opposition have no idea what he is going to do.
Hi jigs, he baulks, he jags, he sprints - 10% of the time he utensils it up but 90% of the time something good happens - so entertaining.

Great skills too - the banana goal from 1 side, the left footer from the other pocket - & so handsome too. :oops: :rainbow:

Thanks for bumping - I was planning to do so too...

Really really like Dan, so exciting when he get's the ball, us watching and more importantly the opposition have no idea what he is going to do.
Hi jigs, he baulks, he jags, he sprints - 10% of the time he utensils it up but 90% of the time something good happens - so entertaining.

Great skills too - the banana goal from 1 side, the left footer from the other pocket - & so handsome too. :oops: :rainbow:

youre so right about the jigging and jagging

love how he was jogging to that ball when he kicked the left foot snap on the run, he was just waiting for it to sit for him so he could pick it up cleanly fully knowing the defender who was working his ass off wasnt going to make it

Remove this Banner Ad

Back