AFL Toast 7 goal WIN against Sydney - Rd 19, 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

This is a bit yuck tbh

It’s horrible, like most AFL chants. Port is most cringeworthy with their INXS rubbish, which probably not a chant.

The slow chant does not suit our game at all.

Let’s just stick to Go Dons, Go Bombers

It was interesting to listen to on the tv coverage. In other weeks the chant has come through loud and clear and it’s a bit cringeworthy. Last night you could tell even on the coverage that the atmosphere was amazing. I knew the chant was happening, but I couldn’t make out the words. The whole crowd was just absolutely pumping.

If the “we are Essendon” chant pisses off opposition supporters as much as the “collinggggwwwoooooooodddddd” chant pisses me off, I’m all for it.
Yep, I think what made it inaudible was the fact everyone was stomping/jumping - the place was actually shaking

Dont like to admit it but the ccoolliinngggwwoodd chant is powerfull when it really gets going. Taking off my one eyed glasses id say its superior to essendon clap clap clap

Was at the game last night.

There was a certain atmosphere in the air that I haven’t felt in a really long time from our supporters, a galvanised feeling.

After every goal we scored, we made a lot of noise; stomping the floor, shaking the seats, chanting “we are Essendon”- Etihad was rumbling with energy, and it was awesome. Furthermore we sent a message to Sydney, reminding them that for once they were playing in our territory and we’re not to be trifled with.

Such a good win. Hoping we bring that same momentum again next week.

Go Bombers!
So jealous. I live in Tassie otherwise I'd be there in a heart beat. Going to the game next week and ready for the same vibe. I was there v Hawks when we beat them round 1 and the roar when the boys came out and at the final siren I'll never forget....

The thing I am loving at the moment is how much we are worrying teams around the ball; with the likes of Saad, Smith, Walla and Fantasia on the opposition's hammer constantly, it is pretty electric.

We worried Sydney out of it many times last night.

Without getting ahead of myself. Our current game plan is one of the very few whose game plan and style could genuinely match and worry the Tigers.

Pressure the ball carrier, run in waves and use the ball well off half back with pace and precision.

I counted 5 that were flat out missed that would have directly resulted in shots on goal, it was s**t both ways though

Three spring immediately to mind for me.

1) The non-holding the ball call inside forward 50 in the first quarter
2) Walla's run down tackle, blatantly holding the ball inside 50
3) Walla held without (had his shoulder wrenched back) whilst running to collect the ball inside 50.

Was at the game last night.

There was a certain atmosphere in the air that I haven’t felt in a really long time from our supporters, a galvanised feeling.

After every goal we scored, we made a lot of noise; stomping the floor, shaking the seats, chanting “we are Essendon”- Etihad was rumbling with energy, and it was awesome. Furthermore we sent a message to Sydney, reminding them that for once they were playing in our territory and we’re not to be trifled with.

Such a good win. Hoping we bring that same momentum again next week.

Go Bombers!

One of my favorite moments from last night was when the crowd cheered like crazy when Aaron Francis touched the ball.

Was so nice to see the supporter base genuinely respect not only Aaron but what he has had to deal with in the last 12 months. For us to show him this respect and appreciation was touching imho.

One of my favorite moments from last night was when the crowd cheered like crazy when Aaron Francis touched the ball.

Was so nice to see the supporter base genuinely respect not only Aaron but what he has had to deal with in the last 12 months. For us to show him this respect and appreciation was touching imho.
Yeah he got a lot of love from the fans.

In terms of his performance, I was standing on the wing where he delivered the footy 3 times into the forward 50 - the kid seriously has vision. He would find the narrowest gap, lower his eyes and force a forward to lead at the ball, reminded me a bit of how Mecuri would get players onto the ball.

Hard not to be biased but think he has a great footy brain.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

A very enlightening post game discussion on the Sydney board.
Apparently there is a need to
- sack Horse
- trade Buddie while he still has value (roughly $1m per year, I believe)
- lose all remaining matches to maximise draft picks
- clean out the list

All is not well it seems.

There wouldn't be a single club willing to take that bloated contract on.
But, you gain a player that isn’t allowed to be touched, can simply drop the ball when tackled, is allowed to throw the ball, and is pretty good at goal kicking?

So nice to see such an even contribution from our midfield. With the improvment of Myers, Langford and Parish and the addition of Smith, we don't need a Merrett, Heppell or Zaka to have 35 +2. We've been a team that's relied on our stars for so long. Now our midfield is a well balanced system that just works.

Add to this the ability for a Walla, Fantasia or Stringer to have a run in there as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back