Player Watch #7: Jack Viney (VC) – 200th this weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

That mav Weller tackle has to be top 5 all time lol

I think its number one personally. It has everything, technical difficulty, strength, power, speed.

And the way he struts off afterwards (notes, he doesn't get in Weller's face or stands over him) is so disprespectful.

Can not wait to see this man in a grand final tomorrow. Jack 'Homicide' Viney, MFC Legend. Underrated by many, feared by all.

That mav Weller tackle has to be top 5 all time lol
Awesome awesome highlight reel but that tackle stands out to me as well. I don’t think it’s possible for an attempted ‘don’t argue’ to go worse than that!

Great effort getting to 150 games and doing it on GF day, absolutely fitting for the beast that is Viney. Now let’s just get it done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Was my very misguided Norm Smith tip in the end, but he still had a monster game. Most clearances on the groumd, including 5 in the third when clearance was king.

And he conjured that Harmes -> Fritsch goal which changed the momentum of the game. Won't even end up getting a stat for it because he never possessed the footy, but wow what a risky decision to rush the stoppage like that.

Was my very misguided Norm Smith tip in the end, but he still had a monster game. Most clearances on the groumd, including 5 in the third when clearance was king.

And he conjured that Harmes -> Fritsch goal which changed the momentum of the game. Won't even end up getting a stat for it because he never possessed the footy, but wow what a risky decision to rush the stoppage like that.
Yeah thought he had some big moments with his attack in stoppages like that one. We had a few moments like that, Kozzies pressure early setting up a goal, etc. No stats but just important efforts/moments that added up. Petty's smother on English too.

Loved his game on replay.

Had some garbage free kicks paid against him but just kept bringing manic energy to each stoppage. Had 12 clearances, his most ever. Out Libba'd Libba who only had 7 in the end.

Crunched Mcrae at the first bounce too 😈

Loved his game on replay.

Had some garbage free kicks paid against him but just kept bringing manic energy to each stoppage. Had 12 clearances, his most ever. Out Libba'd Libba who only had 7 in the end.

Crunched Mcrae at the first bounce too 😈
Had a Scarlett moment with his little toe-poke to release Jacko to setup Oliver's goal at the end of the 3rd. Obviously different point of the game, but that final goal in the 3rd I thought sealed it. We weren't gonna let them back in after that despite the turnaround they'd had in the 2nd.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back