Player Watch #7: Jack Viney (VC) – 200th this weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

How TMAC doesn't get a guernsey to the Brownlow I can't understand. He, Hibberd & Jett fairly stiff.

Jetta is dour back pocket defender in the eyes of the umps, hibberd's year has been solid but doubt he would poll more than 6-8 votes.

Assuming there's no '100% right to go for Round One*' shenanigans, should be set for a round 2 100th game for Jack.

I have a feeling if he keeps himself fit he is going to have a massive season next year, he has looked awesome the past few years but injuries have cruelly stopped him from going to the next level.

Making Jack sole captain would be change for change's sake I reckon. Now that the sting of the prelim is gone, its plain to see how highly regarded Jones is after his fourth place in the BnF. Let Viney prove his fitness over the year, then start the Jones transition.

Making Jack sole captain would be change for change's sake I reckon. Now that the sting of the prelim is gone, its plain to see how highly regarded Jones is after his fourth place in the BnF. Let Viney prove his fitness over the year, then start the Jones transition.

Agree. I think we should just let it play out naturally.

I respect the hell out of Jones and the backseat he has taken to allow our young midfielders to flourish. He could still play the inside role and get his 25 touches but he will do anything for the team.
With averaging about 10 games a season these days the VC will still captain a bunch so why change for the sake of it.

I respect the hell out of Jones and the backseat he has taken to allow our young midfielders to flourish. He could still play the inside role and get his 25 touches but he will do anything for the team.
With averaging about 10 games a season these days the VC will still captain a bunch so why change for the sake of it.
Only problem is that Jones wouldn't be VC, meaning we'd have a perfectly good, durable captain on field if JV goes down but Lewis or Gawn would do it instead.

The captaincy doesn't really matter anyway, what would be the tangible benefit in putting Jones' nose out of joint?

Only problem is that Jones wouldn't be VC, meaning we'd have a perfectly good, durable captain on field if JV goes down but Lewis or Gawn would do it instead.

The captaincy doesn't really matter anyway, what would be the tangible benefit in putting Jones' nose out of joint?

Nothing. It has a purpose in cricket but I feel like it does more harm than good in an 18 man sport. Plenty of blokes have struggled with the captaincy pressure. We have 2 perfectly good ones, no need to change that yet.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If nothing else, Jones deserves at least one more opportunity to be the first to hold up the cup ...

I absolutely agree with this. But I can see a scenario where we’re playing deep into September and Chunk has been squeezed out of the 22.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I absolutely agree with this. But I can see a scenario where we’re playing deep into September and Chunk has been squeezed out of the 22.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the whole list was fit then MAYBE, but it seems unlikely.

Crazy that he turns 25 next week, Injury has really crulled this guy hasnt gotten anywhere near where we would have thought by this age.

We'll always have that game vs West Coast. Never seen a Dees player take control of a game like he did that night.

Reckon he showed he still has his zip against the Cats, but injury has absolutely hurt him. Also suffers from the fact we have a lot of players like him.
Yeah, we have almost made him ineffectual by virtue of giving midfield time to Brayshaw. Oliver and Brayshaw run that engine room and hes a little bit of a 3rd wheel.

Yeah, we have almost made him ineffectual by virtue of giving midfield time to Brayshaw. Oliver and Brayshaw run that engine room and hes a little bit of a 3rd wheel.
They were all rated roughly equivalent as juniors. Lack of consistency and his injury history would be stopping Jack, along with his questionable foot skills.

We'll always have that game vs West Coast. Never seen a Dees player take control of a game like he did that night.
Every game against West Coast!
I love how he goes about it against us. Hard nut to the nth degree, something we haven't had too much of over the years.
The player I would choose from any another club to round us out. (might think about Cripps as well).

If Viney was constantly fit you could play him and Harmes and Salem/Trac/Sparrow even in the middle when you rotate Brayshaw and Oliver forward.

Not here to start trouble, just asking a question. Must admit after 2017 when your boys were telling us too enjoy our holidays. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Melbourne players. Also had to ruck against Max Gawn in juniors which sucked after he got big. I was speaking to a few of the stkilda boys and told them this. They said that they don't actually mind your the players in your team but they think Viney is a flog. Also this is a view shared by a lot of other players in the afl. Is this some thing that you have heard before?

Not here to start trouble, just asking a question. Must admit after 2017 when your boys were telling us too enjoy our holidays. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Melbourne players. Also had to ruck against Max Gawn in juniors which sucked after he got big. I was speaking to a few of the stkilda boys and told them this. They said that they don't actually mind your the players in your team but they think Viney is a flog. Also this is a view shared by a lot of other players in the afl. Is this some thing that you have heard before?
Nah he is fine, he likes dwarfs and respects schoolgirls, so I can see the angst from the Aints.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back