Player Watch #7: Jack Viney (VC) – 200th this weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Not here to start trouble, just asking a question. Must admit after 2017 when your boys were telling us too enjoy our holidays. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Melbourne players. Also had to ruck against Max Gawn in juniors which sucked after he got big. I was speaking to a few of the stkilda boys and told them this. They said that they don't actually mind your the players in your team but they think Viney is a flog. Also this is a view shared by a lot of other players in the afl. Is this some thing that you have heard before?
Well, we've voted him co-captain for a number of years now. So clearly he's well liked internally.

Don't think anyone in the club really cares how he is viewed outside of it.

Not here to start trouble, just asking a question. Must admit after 2017 when your boys were telling us too enjoy our holidays. I wasn't the biggest fan of the Melbourne players. Also had to ruck against Max Gawn in juniors which sucked after he got big. I was speaking to a few of the stkilda boys and told them this. They said that they don't actually mind your the players in your team but they think Viney is a flog. Also this is a view shared by a lot of other players in the afl. Is this some thing that you have heard before?

Who cares if people think he is a flog? What matters is his form on the field (Which was below par last year). Pretty cringe to even care what AFL players think of each other tbh

You be polite these days and people get upset....I can't work it out.

He likes hurting his opponents, of course he isn't popular

By St Kilda boys I'm assuming you mean Weller...

Do you have an issue with Dwarves (check the spelling)?
Apologies TDD, I have no excuse.
edit, it was something that kept bugging me, so I looked it up. Split the points with you.

Attachments

• dwarfs.PNG
    dwarfs.PNG
    68.5 KB · Views: 142
Last edited:
Who cares if people think he is a flog? What matters is his form on the field (Which was below par last year). Pretty cringe to even care what AFL players think of each other tbh
Jack Watts apparently a very nice bloke (except to his girlfriend)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I am sure your players gave it to our players in the 10 year winning streak against us, so don't come sooking to us. I highly doubt you going down to training and talking to a couple of players like a 5 year old fan boy counts as mates.......and you manage to extrapolate this over to a consensus that the entire league thinks he is a flog. Lastly even if this is a known thing, i don't care stay on your board and give your fans some training updates.

Wow, so precious about Viney. Must be a sensitive topic.
Do you think any supporters would react differently to an opposition supporter coming on to their board saying this? I could understand some opposition players disliking him the way he plays. I’m sure many respect him though. One of the hardest players in the league.

Eh, there are flogs in all workplaces and football clubs would probably attract extra/bigger ones. Even in my local club there are a few w***ers around who wouldn't be popular outside our group (and probably not 100% within it) but they're good players and have earned respect on that basis.

Cést la vie.

Do you think any supporters would react differently to an opposition supporter coming on to their board saying this? I could understand some opposition players disliking him the way he plays. I’m sure many respect him though. One of the hardest players in the league.

Its not like i am insulting one of your friends or family members. I can only personally speak for myself. I wouldn't ark up over that question. I know some in our team (Dunstan, Hannerberry) are viewed like that. Also know some of our past players have a reputation like that, roo when he was younger being one of them.

Coming onto another team's board is generally dangerous at the best of times let alone if there are negative connotations.

Anyway, I've heard from multiple (but unreliable) sources that Viney isn't all that popular. He strikes me as an intense Footy-Sleep-Repeat kind of guy while most of the others probably like to mix it up with free drink cards, Tinder, Surfing and so on. Not a big deal really. They don't all have to be best mates.

This is like the third time I have posted on a oppo board so I was not aware of that. I don't get why people defend/worship afl players and also celebrities. Most likely wouldn't defended you if the roles were reversed or give you much of the time of day. Anyways sorry if i have rustled some feathers, just thought it was interesting what they told me and thought I would ask.

This is like the third time I have posted on a oppo board so I was not aware of that. I don't get why people defend/worship afl players and also celebrities. Most likely wouldn't defended you if the roles were reversed or give you much of the time of day. Anyways sorry if i have rustled some feathers, just thought it was interesting what they told me and thought I would ask.
Ruffle. Feathers get ruffled, sheep get rustled

Remove this Banner Ad

Back