Player Watch #7: Jack Viney (VC) – 200th this weekend

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep. I ****in knew it!!! He’s ****** I bet you.
I don't reckon he is. ****ed would be a vdB situation.

I think he went too hard last year, ****ed it big time and the club put the F1 brakes on him in coming back.

Wouldn't be surprised if he spent Rd1 and 2 at Casey. If you're ruling him out for Rd1 no point taking him to Brisbane. Throw him at the Hawks instead.

I don't reckon he is. ****** would be a vdB situation.

I think he went too hard last year, ****** it big time and the club put the F1 brakes on him in coming back.

Wouldn't be surprised if he spent Rd1 and 2 at Casey. If you're ruling him out for Rd1 no point taking him to Brisbane. Throw him at the Hawks instead.
I ******* hope you’re right. I’m not prone to flying off the handle and making emotional over the top statements or reactions but, if this club has broken Jack Viney I am out, I’m done. No more footy for me.

Well even if his foot is ****** permanently he has a younger bro.

I also think Gazza's anoose and hammy got a little looser after hearing this news
Could be the return of Jones the tagger. Would love a bit of that action.

His pre season has been significantly hampered, so I am not surprised and I did think it’d be the case.

Do we actually need him round one?
It's a fair question to be honest

It's a fair question to be honest
Who is he keeping our right now that’s playing poorly? Tyson performed well last night, ANB was rested, Jones looks fresher, and Vince isn’t doing much wrong down back. Bugg I’ve been impressed with, Petracca will play HF and midfield, as will Melksham, and Brayshaw is travelling well.

Who is he keeping our right now that’s playing poorly?
As peak he's better than the 22nd player, whoever that is. You move Jones or Trac outside.

That said, it's a nice spot to be in. Give him 3 weeks at Casey at least. Only problem is whether Casey are playing, round 1 VFL is round 3 AFL.

As peak he's better than the 22nd player, whoever that is. You move Jones or Trac outside.

That said, it's a nice spot to be in. Give him 3 weeks at Casey at least. Only problem is whether Casey are playing, round 1 VFL is round 3 AFL.
It is a good spot to be in. I am just worried that this injury is going to derail his season. They really aren’t good to have.

It is a good spot to be in. I am just worried that this injury is going to derail his season. They really aren’t good to have.
If there is anyone I trust to come back and demolish it's him.

He came back from a broken leg and picked up so many Bluey votes that he lost by 1.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm glad in a sense that I don't want to rush him back. I don't want to risk making his injury worse. However because it was reported that he was 100% going to play to suddenly he's missing rd 1 starts the alarm bells in my head. Can't help thinking his miraculous comeback last year has made his foot worse. I really hope it's just the club being cautious and just don't want to rush him back or he's just not fit enough.

Sucks to lose him, he's an important part of our midfield and a great leader. Don't think he's our best inside mid to be honest. I think Oliver is better now, and Viney is yet to hit the heights that Jones did in his prime. Still, Jones only really came good in his 7-9 years on the list, and Viney is only starting his 6th. We'll be ok, even if he misses half the season.

I'm worried ... foot injuries worry me. Knee injuries have the fame of being the worst you can do as it'll equal 12 month out of the game, but foot injuries can be career killers. The club has obviously been at pains to make clear there has been no reoccurrence or set backs, so I'll take them at their word and it's all about conditioning - which is fair enough given he's only just come back to full training and he'll be very short of a run if he was to play, but I'll be feeling much better about it when he's back on the park.

Put him on ice for a few weeks I reckon. Our second half of the year is much tougher than our first, and we can’t afford to have him breaking down then. Needs to be 100% right before he comes back in

I don’t think he has been ruled out due to a reoccurrence of the inury just a lack of match conditioning. So he needs to keep training but shouldn’t put the pressure on an exact return date.

As an aside, got engaged in the last couple of days too.

EDIT: This refers to Viney, not to me.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back