Player Watch #7: Jack Viney (VC) – 200th this weekend

Viney is ready to become part of the LG imo. He and T Mac should be the new inclusions.

I see Brayshaw being the next MFC captain. I don't think Jonesy mentoring him is entirely by accident. He sees something pretty special.
Maybe they'll give it to Trengove;)
I agree Brayshaw likely to be next skipper but Viney will be a great spiritual/onfield leader too!
Rapt we have choices for once!!

Viney

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 23, 2006
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Melbourne
I'll just leave this here

jack-viney-says-no-o.gif

EDIT: No I wont it seems

Last edited:

Viney

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 23, 2006
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Melbourne
Man i love that tackle ... incidentally ... i'm fairly certain that will be a free kick to Weller this year for a dangerous tackle.

Did that gif show up for you? Showing up as a red cross on mine?

I don't reckon it'll be judged a dangerous tackle if the umps look correctly (yeah, yeah I know)

Looks to me like Weller initiated the "turn"

761098_thumb.jpg

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Did that gif show up for you? Showing up as a red cross on mine?

I don't reckon it'll be judged a dangerous tackle if the umps look correctly (yeah, yeah I know)

Looks to me like Weller initiated the "turn"

761098_thumb.jpg
yeah worked fine for me.

Its not the turn, there is a definite dumping action, and Weller lands on his neck.

I think the champ will probably give away a few free kicks for it this year. We'll just have to hope they aren't in too many dangerous spots, as I doubt his aggression will change much.

Viney

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 23, 2006
Bentleigh
AFL Club
Melbourne
yeah worked fine for me.

Its not the turn, there is a definite dumping action, and Weller lands on his neck.

I think the champ will probably give away a few free kicks for it this year. We'll just have to hope they aren't in too many dangerous spots, as I doubt his aggression will change much.

I see what you're saying, but ultimately I reckon the turn contributed to the dumping action

Incidentally, a Footscray player tried to fend Viney off on the weekend, but he just locked on and bought him down

I hate that in our sport Vineys bump was rated tackle of the season on the AFL website and then outlawed the very next season....
I went to like this comment, but then noticed that the poster Viney had already liked it, so decided to leave it at that as it was very appropriate.

Meds

Club Legend
Nov 12, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Melbourne
There's a video on the MFC site with Rob Jackson talking about gym sessions and supplement powders.
Really interesting (and not at all surprising) that Viney had to have a special powder that is lower in calories as he puts on muscle really easily. Imagine how beefcake he'd be on the bulk up stuff!

Apr 12, 2014
AFL Club
Melbourne
There's a video on the MFC site with Rob Jackson talking about gym sessions and supplement powders.
Really interesting (and not at all surprising) that Viney had to have a special powder that is lower in calories as he puts on muscle really easily. Imagine how beefcake he'd be on the bulk up stuff!

He is a lot like Selwood in that although he isn't huge, he is pure muscle. Would be very hard to knock him off the line of the ball.

Topkent

Confirmed ITK Drafting King
Aug 29, 2010
Canada
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Winnipeg Jets
50th uncompromising game coming up today. :thumbsu:

Jack Viney is one of the new breed that will really prove our club has moved forward
Our players generally look good from 0-30 even under Neeld and Bailey but then the 40-100 they stall and dont develop

Cant wait to see this bloke in another 50 games

jjami15

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 16, 2011
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
Not to intrude but he was an absolute gun and in my eyes was best on. He has a temperament that says game on and reminds me a bit of Voss in that regards. Midfield is going to be scary with Viney, Petracca, Brayshaw and Clayton (my choice for rising star nom for the round).

Oct 13, 2015
Brisbane
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Blackhawks, 76ers
Family friend sees him regularly. Says he will win a Brownlow. Compared his off-field work to Judd.
If he keeps up the type of form he had yesterday, he'll be way up there this year. If we cut out the thrashings and stay in more games, he'll be a chance to pick up a few sneaky 1's when we lose as well

Back