• Inside Midfielder

Votes: 89 41.8%
  • Forward Pocket

Votes: 124 58.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolute rubbish. Ziebs has probably played less that 5% forward this year, nowhere near enough. You're showing either how little you know about football or how little you've actually watched. Our inside 50 count this year has actually been pretty good. It's the quality of ball that comes in that's been poor and Ziebs probably accounts for around 15-20% of that.

If Ziebs accounts for 15 to 20% of our s**t entries into the forward 50 he accounts for at least that many of our total entries and if so how will he get the ball with 20% less entries into the 50?

Plays forward from now on with stints in the middle for mid relief.

Ahern (fingers crossed!) and Kelly (more fingers crossed!!) next year with Cunners, Clarke, Dumont etc is enough.

Excellent effort by the Captain.

We played him in the middle through the year because we needed him there. I've been critical of his year but he played where it was necessary for him to play.

In the future, in the F50 he is a nightmare matchup. I don't think he is as slow as some people like to emphasise (I saw him burn off a couple of players on the wing last night) but certainly seems to tire easily. That will hopefully be mitigated on the F50.

He's agile enough to make him difficult to place a KPD on and strong enough in the air to make a small defender marking him complete suicide. Ironically the type of player who would be suited to playing on him would be a Nielsen type - but even then, Ziebell would probably put body him when the ball hit the deck.

Watch this space for next year. Hopefully we snag a midfielder or have another take their game to the next level. If we want to play Z forward, we need to retain Swallow.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If Ziebs accounts for 15 to 20% of our s**t entries into the forward 50 then he accounts for at least that many of our total entries and if so how will he get the ball with 20% less entries into the 50 if he's on the forward line?

IE who is gonna get it into the forward line for him to score?

If Ziebs accounts for 15 to 20% of our s**t entries into the forward 50 then he accounts for at least that many of our total entries and if so how will he get the ball with 20% less entries into the 50 if he's on the forward line?

IE who is gonna get it into the forward line for him to score?

Kelly and Martin.

Failing that Cunners Dumont Ahern Rayner Clarke Mountford Higgins

Can't agree with the consensus here - I think JZ is ok as a pinch hitting forward (like last night) but i don't think he would make it as a permanent forward.

Opposition coaches would work him out pretty quickly as a forward - he is not big enough to be a power forward and he is not agile/smart enough to be a small forward. His inability to work hard both ways would be exposed by good defences - i.e. they would look to run off him at every opportunity.

He would be a classic 'tweener and you need something special to make it as a 'tweener forward - as yet i haven't seen anything to suggest that in JZ.

Sure, he is courageous and a good set kick - but he would need a lot more than that to make it as a forward.

Can't agree with the consensus here - I think JZ is ok as a pinch hitting forward (like last night) but i don't think he would make it as a permanent forward.

Opposition coaches would work him out pretty quickly as a forward - he is not big enough to be a power forward and he is not agile/smart enough to be a small forward. His inability to work hard both ways would be exposed by good defences - i.e. they would look to run off him at every opportunity.

He would be a classic 'tweener and you need something special to make it as a 'tweener forward - as yet i haven't seen anything to suggest that in JZ.

Sure, he is courageous and a good set kick - but he would need a lot more than that to make it as a forward.
If he isn't a forward than what is he? Where does he belong? Because its certainly not in the midfield full time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Treloar is pretty quick.

Thought he did well to keep up.
Moreso he knew Jack would never catch him. The arrogance.
Then Jack made him earn it the next contest they were involved with, which is why the Ump paid the free.

Having a slow beast like Jack wouldn't be a problem if the recruitment saw this lack of speed tsunami coming 6 or 7 years ago.

****** up metaphor, but I hope my point is clear.

I'm really looking forward to the upcoming album from Slow Beast.

Won't be a patch on the unreleased B-side from Speed Tsunami though.

Jack you are really building on your leadership credentials. So impressed with the efforts and leadership shown these last few weeks.

There is more to being the best player in the competition, or the best player at the club when it comes to being captain - you have to be the one people rally to and around, which is something very hard to achieve. You are really starting to show those qualities in spades. Keep it up mate.

I can imagine him playing forward and becoming permanent in that role

A captain that can influence the game by taking those strong marks and kicking goals is a very handy thing to have. He will be busting his ass trying to get on the score board and could make a difference rather than hack kicks out the middle. Put Higgins in there instead

He is strong at the hips, got great hands, is actually a good kick for goal and is also aggressive (reckless at times) at the ball

I would LOVE him in the forward line. Please make it happen!!

Jack Ziebell wants to play as an inside mid.
He is delusional. Doesn't have the tank, composure or vision to play the position. Does he not assess the effect the opposition midfielders have in comparison to his performance? The brownlow is a mid-fielders award and Jack will hardly trouble the scorers. Hardly ever does. It has to tell him something.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back