Past #7: Jack Ziebell [Part II] - retires post-RFC game/280gm&183gl/6yr captain - Shinboner - assaulted post-RFC game& in hospital - get well soon JZ

Remove this Banner Ad

^would love to know what instigated the 3 losers from coming up behind comben

No doubt it is something that would make them look like bigger losers as they kept quiet about it

It’s as simple as they had the numbers. One on one, they’re church mice, get a few numbers and they think they’re tough.

At least they named one of the campaigners in the news. Doubt he’ll go anywhere by himself for a long, long time if he’s smart enough.

He isn’t even brave enough to fight. Weak as piss. His mates start, then he comes in from behind his mates, lays in punches, then retreats before he might have to defend himself. Dead set coward.

Yep.

Gutless.

More coverage than Jack got in years.

Who is that *en idiot? Needs to be locked in a room with Brennan Stack.

He’s a media guy, worked at triple m, channel 9 for the footy show as a producer..or something, horse race caller, etc.

Now he’s free from the mainstream media and he is a podcaster he has more freedom to express his views on issues. Sometimes I agree with him and other times I strongly disagree.

I like to follow people on Twitter that challenge my ideologies because I don’t want to get stuck in an echo chamber.

He’s a media guy, worked at triple m, channel 9 for the footy show as a producer..or something, horse race caller, etc.

Now he’s free from the mainstream media and he is a podcaster he has more freedom to express his views on issues. Sometimes I agree with him and other times I strongly disagree.

I like to follow people on Twitter that challenge my ideologies because I don’t want to get stuck in an echo chamber.
It really seems like no campaigner thinks for themselves any more. That comment is just a bunch of similar echo chamber cliches masquerading as an opinion. You could program a bot to say the same thing and really no one would know the difference.

"The Age and the ABC are too woke for me ohhh baby." Its not so much an opinion as a code phrase to target an audience. Every campaigner says that. (I don't really read the age or follow the ABC so I don't have an opinion on what they say tho.)

"White Anglo" for example. I thought those campaigners that hit Jack were white. Mediterranean maybe but whatever. Calling someone "White Anglo" is pretty stupid. Like did you see that tall giant walking down the road or the shortarse dwarf in the coffee shop?

Not every white person is an Anglo either. My mum is white and she's half Irish half Roma. If he'd said "White Pom" no one would be jumping up down in furious agreement even tho that's exactly what "White Anglo" means. They'd all be making jokes about spazball.

It really seems like no campaigner thinks for themselves any more. That comment is just a bunch of similar echo chamber cliches masquerading as an opinion. You could program a bot to say the same thing and really no one would know the difference.

"The Age and the ABC are too woke for me ohhh baby." Its not so much an opinion as a code phrase to target an audience. Every campaigner says that. (I don't really read the age or follow the ABC so I don't have an opinion on what they say tho.)

"White Anglo" for example. I thought those campaigners that hit Jack were white. Mediterranean maybe but whatever. Calling someone "White Anglo" is pretty stupid. Like did you see that tall giant walking down the road or the shortarse dwarf in the coffee shop?

Not every white person is an Anglo either. My mum is white and she's half Irish half Roma. If he'd said "White Pom" no one would be jumping up down in furious agreement even tho that's exactly what "White Anglo" means. They'd all be making jokes about spazball.

The attackers looked Arabic to me.

There names are Ibrahim Behluli, 21, Abdul Karim, 29, and Masihullah Rawani, 27,

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The attackers looked Arabic to me.

There names are Ibrahim Behluli, 21, Abdul Karim, 29, and Masihullah Rawani, 27,
Arabic, Jewish, Lebs, Italians and alot of Greeks all look very similar. All been fighting and ******* each other for millenia around the Med.

I miss him.
2018 version of him.
2014 version of him.

My favourite Jack was the 2012 version.

He was a big part of the problem the last few years though.

2018 version of him.
2014 version of him.

My favourite Jack was the 2012 version.

He was a big part of the problem the last few years though.

Sure could *in use him right about now, tough as they come and was actually a leader unlike the pathetic excuses we have as captains now. The last true shinboner to play for the club.

Am I alone in thinking they’d all thrive under Clarko?
They all left. Ben probably understandably. But still..

Ziebell was pretty banged too. I think we underestimate how much punishment his body took. Most AFL players really, I know Nick Dal Santo just had a hip replacement and he wasn’t exactly the most physical player.

Ziebell was physically shot. Besides, idk why people are so eager to give players like him and Goldstein a free pass. The rot really set in while they were senior players and that shouldn't be ignored.

Loved watching Ziebell play from his very first NAB cup game where he shot out of the gate.

I agree with those above though, the last couple years of his captaincy he was phoning it in.

He tried his guts out every game, but he was far too content with the way things were going for a captain. We put him in an impossible situation, too far gone to be part of the next premiership, captained through 4 coaches in a few years with very little success. He was far too burnt from those experiences to be driving the club forward. How can you sell a message to the youth when you don't believe it yourself?

When you get into your 30's you start to realise life away from 'work' is the priority, it's no longer such a big part of your identity. It was cemented in my mind when we started hearing how the young brigade were driving standards, and how strong Clarko was on his message to the kids.

In saying that, I think Ziebs would have an incredible story to tell about his years at the club.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back