Past #7: Jack Ziebell [Part II] - retires post-RFC game/280gm&183gl/6yr captain - Shinboner - assaulted post-RFC game& in hospital - get well soon JZ

I’d be curious to see what opposition clubs thought his trade value be?

I honestly don’t think an opposition club would give us a pick inside 15 for him.
(Not that i’d be offering him up for trade).
He should have been traded at the end of last year. He had shown he could play forward and still had 4 years left in him. It was the super draft we should have smashed.

mouncey2franklin

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 16, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
How did people rate Jack Ziebell's performance today?

Taylor Walker had to deal with a coach getting murdered and was soon leading his team to a Grand Final.

Jack Ziebell has to deal with a coach getting sacked mid-season. Can he keep it together?

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Really needs to stop flopping for free kicks. I should probably stop harping on it but it seems to be going unnoticed. There was a stoppage in our forwardline with ten mins on the clock left where he brought himself out of the contest because he was throwing his arms in the air and falling to the ground. Polec managed to snag the goal regardless.

He is a hard player so I just do not understand this.

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Really needs to stop flopping for free kicks. I should probably stop harping on it but it seems to be going unnoticed. There was a stoppage in our forwardline with ten mins on the clock left where he brought himself out of the contest because he was throwing his arms in the air and falling to the ground. Polec managed to snag the goal regardless.

He is a hard player so I just do not understand this.
Playing for frees is a virus and spreads thru the playing group. Brown also plays for them, play the ball guys.

susurrar

All Australian
Apr 30, 2018
AFL Club
North Melbourne
has his obvious shortcomings but has hit some pretty good form. dont mind him in the middle as long as jy and ldu are also getting plenty of time as they did tonight.

looked a bit crook in that roaming brian bs after the game.

Moti

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 4, 2001
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Getting possessions and being strong at the contest were never his issue, his midfield intelligence and composure has always been. And while those areas weren't great last night either, it was the type of game where his physical style really impacted the contest, particularly as Cotchin looked like dominating effective clearances after the 2nd term.

The fact he can be moved forward if the midfield thing isn't working is a positive.

Themanbun

Brownlow Medallist
Apr 19, 2019
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The Pit Bull has been let off the leash!

His old bash & crash was back tonight. Played a big role in softening up the Tigers early in the match.

Not one iota of playing for a free from Jack tonight, which I've been critical of. Was playing like a man possessed.

Last edited:
Back