Past #7: Jack Ziebell [Part II] - retires post-RFC game/280gm&183gl/6yr captain - Shinboner - assaulted post-RFC game& in hospital - get well soon JZ

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coasts second goal was scored because Jack didn’t get goal side if his man. Pathetic defensive efforts like that from your captain, early in a game set the rot. The majority of GC’s goals game from poor defensive efforts, all after Jack set the standard.

The guys not a captains a-hole and the best thing for our rebuild is to make the hard decision and trade him at the end of the year.

Gold Coasts second goal was scored because Jack didn’t get goal side if his man. Pathetic defensive efforts like that from your captain, early in a game set the rot. The majority of GC’s goals game from poor defensive efforts, all after Jack set the standard.

The guys not a captains a-hole and the best thing for our rebuild is to make the hard decision and trade him at the end of the year.

The 2017 tandem thought of sacking the Coach and Captain continues into 2018?

Last edited:
Put him in the goal square next to Brown and never move him from there ever again.

I see no reason why he wouldn't seriously press for an AA spot if he was left there.

Put him in the goal square next to Brown and never move him from there ever again.

I see no reason why he wouldn't seriously press for an AA spot if he was left there.
Commentators saying last night it was a master stroke when we finally did last night....but we’ve been calling for it to happen for 3 years!

Commentators saying last night it was a master stroke when we finally did last night....but we’ve been calling for it to happen for 3 years!

The issue that's kept him from there is still relevant now.

Cunnington was basically one out in the guts and we were badly beaten at the clearances (54-35)

This is why I wanted to pick up a cheapish mid term grunt in last years draft (Miles, etc.), to chop out Cunners while LDU & Co. get up to scratch.

Fortitude? Are you ******* serious?

Balls.

Guts.

Initiative.

Forthright.

Opinionated.

You can either spend the season sniping between this thread and the Scotts thread every round or put it out for Board discussion.

I am tipping you wont.

Play on.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The issue that's kept him from there is still relevant now.

Cunnington was basically one out in the guts and we were badly beaten at the clearances (54-35)

This is why I wanted to pick up a cheapish mid term grunt in last years draft (Miles, etc.), to chop out Cunners while LDU & Co. get up to scratch.

It's still an issue I agree... but I'm at the point where I think I can live with it. From very few opportunities (which is what our mids will likely generate) he's scoring. I'd be happy to park him there for most of the year and just wear it. In the middle if the year continues to go poorly he'll likely just end up killing himself trying to swing the tide back.

It's still an issue I agree... but I'm at the point where I think I can live with it. From very few opportunities (which is what our mids will likely generate) he's scoring. I'd be happy to park him there for most of the year and just wear it. In the middle if the year continues to go poorly he'll likely just end up killing himself trying to swing the tide back.

I'm in the same camp. We need to start making the decisions that will be relevant in 2019/2020, and fix the faults via long term and short term processes over the intervening period.

LDU is step 1. Walker should also be thereabouts by years end. Hopefully Kyron also emerges.

Hit this years draft and trade period again and focus on mids, mids, mids.

Come back next year, repeat, and then we should start seeing results by midway through 2019.

Then we get Kelly on board and start our next tilt.

I'm in the same camp. We need to start making the decisions that will be relevant in 2019/2020, and fix the faults via long term and short term processes over the intervening period.

LDU is step 1. Walker should also be thereabouts by years end.

Hit this years draft and trade period again and focus on mids, mids, mids.

Come back next year, repeat, and then we should start seeing results by midway through 2019..

So we're agreed?

Somebody let the match committee know what we've decided.

Balls.

Guts.

Initiative.

Forthright.

Opinionated.

You can either spend the season sniping between this thread and the Scotts thread every round or put it out for Board discussion.

I am tipping you wont.

Play on.
The BBB thread got closed down, mods don’t want a thread discussing it. So it gets spoken about in the “official threads” It takes no balls to start a thread. What’s it matter where it’s discussed? Funny thing is, again, you don’t add to the conversation you just waffle on with rubbish.

How bad are our midfield players when the opposition ruckman gets more of the ball then they do, especially in them conditions.

The BBB thread got closed down, mods don’t want a thread discussing it. So it gets spoken about in the “official threads” It takes no balls to start a thread. What’s it matter where it’s discussed? Funny thing is, again, you don’t add to the conversation you just waffle on with rubbish.

Lol...just as i tipped.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back