Past #7: Jack Ziebell [Part II] - retires post-RFC game/280gm&183gl/6yr captain - Shinboner - assaulted post-RFC game& in hospital - get well soon JZ

Jack becomes just our second player to hit the magical 10K post limit on his player watch thread.

The other one was Boomer.

Here is Part I

Jack sits 37th on the NMFC all-time games played list with 165 games.

The first post of Jack's first thread was this:

What do you think?

I think he is a future captain of the club.

Pretty good.

Continue!

Apr 24, 2013
Arden Street Hill
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Essendon Lawn Bowls Club
He's a natural forward - just thought I'd get this in early.

Mario knew his stuff.:thumbsu:

20/11/2008

If I could pick one player in this draft to suit Norths most urgent needs, it would be Ziebell. I will be stoked of he drops to pick 9.

20/2/2009

Ziebell is 26 days older than Watts, you idiot.

Watch the game tonight and you will realise the horrible mistake Melbourne have made.

27/2/2009

For the record, I have seen Jack Ziebell play one game for North and I predict that, injury barring, he will be a 200 plus game AFL footballer and is an even money chance to hold a captain/vice captain position.

16/3/2009

Forward pocket rotating on the ball.

shimaburnsgrieg

Premiership Player
Apr 1, 2017
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Good - at least we now know what the issue with JZ is.

We had talk of shoulders, ribs, OP, legs etc - it was amazing he was able to run and kick at all.

So its a toe injury which will now be fixed so that JZ can be ready for pre season - this is good to hear.

We had talk of shoulders, ribs, OP, legs etc - it was amazing he was able to run and kick at all.

So its a toe injury which will now be fixed so that JZ can be ready for pre season - this is good to hear.

Jack probably kept it to himself, although it was acknowledged he'd been dealing with it for awhile. Toe injuries can definitely be debilitating and difficult to solve nonsurgically. Get him in for a complete overhaul now FFS.

images

Dirty_11

Norm Smith Medallist
Jan 28, 2014
Beneath the Blue & White
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Shinboners

The toe has not been his sole issue. It is quite remarkable what he has carried through this season.

groo

Club Legend
Apr 18, 2009
geelong
AFL Club
North Melbourne
The toe has not been his sole issue. It is quite remarkable what he has carried through this season.
He shouldn't have played then. This sort of stance at selection has cost us numerous games as well as long term injuries.

Toe injury mentioned in NMFC article, but I've also been told he is getting a shoulder op which may delay the start of his pre-season.

Neither would surprise. One thing's for sure, he needs a big preseason. Playing him banged up does him and us no favours whatsoever.

Back