Past #7: Jack Ziebell [Part II] - retires post-RFC game/280gm&183gl/6yr captain - Shinboner - assaulted post-RFC game& in hospital - get well soon JZ

Remove this Banner Ad

I am probably going to get howled down here but you know who I would make captain, Cam Zuurhaar as I believe he would be an excellent leader. He has already shown that and giving him the captaincy would make him better I think. He just wants the ball and goes and gets it. Can use it better than others we have had as captain and has a bit of X factor. I know he is young but so was Wayne. Couldn't be any worse

I like that idea but just get Jack to spend the summer getting properly fit and working on his kicking for goal then stick him forward and run thru the middle every now and then. He'll be as good or better than Cam. You could push Cam into the midfield a bit more tho.

I like that idea but just get Jack to spend the summer getting properly fit and working on his kicking for goal then stick him forward and run thru the middle every now and then. He'll be as good or better than Cam. You could push Cam into the midfield a bit more tho.
Jack's preseason should be this-

30 football's randomly placed inside each 50 arc. Kick goal and sprint to opposite 50 and repeat.

Miss goal, sprint to goal line then opposite 50 and repeat.

Set up the 60 football's and repeat. 60% should be the minimum goal.

On SM-G975F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Good point. Carey was the alpha amongst the group though
Zurhaar isn’t quite there yet
Yeah not there, but has similar qualities on field, Swallow was also not the best with the vocal work, JZ speaks rather well gotta give him that.
Obvious choice is Tarrant i think for a few years then give it to the next bloke, however its kinda hard taking the captaincy and giving it to an older bloke.

Jack's preseason should be this-

30 football's randomly placed inside each 50 arc. Kick goal and sprint to opposite 50 and repeat.

Miss goal, sprint to goal line then opposite 50 and repeat.

Set up the 60 football's and repeat. 60% should be the minimum goal.

Jack is 29 early next year - he is who he is and we are dealing with that now.

There is not a chance that he is willing or able to improve his hack mid field kicking or inaccurate kicking at goal this late in his career.

There is not a chance that he is willing or able to improve his hack mid field kicking or inaccurate kicking at goal this late in his career.
In that case time to move on.

We have a very obvious choice for alternative captain and that’s Ben Brown. He isn’t an Alpha. He isn’t a typical footballer and I know full forward isn’t an ideal position for your captain but I believe d it will bring out a more aggressive part to him and allow him to impose himself. Plus you know what’s better than 20 captains goals. 70 of them

We have a very obvious choice for alternative captain and that’s Ben Brown. He isn’t an Alpha. He isn’t a typical footballer and I know full forward isn’t an ideal position for your captain but I believe d it will bring out a more aggressive part to him and allow him to impose himself. Plus you know what’s better than 20 captains goals. 70 of them
Personally dont think he is captains material at the moment.

I'll grant you the hack kicking as it's more to do with awareness, but goal kicking can always be improved upon.

JZ should be a forward/mid with an 75/25 ratio and only of we need some physical presence.

I'll grant you the hack kicking as it's more to do with awareness, but goal kicking can always be improved upon.

JZ should be a forward/mid with an 75/25 ratio and only of we need some physical presence.

Forward only imo. Keep him there and get him to practice goal kicking every single session

(Log in to remove this ad.)

After all this time we still don't know what Ziebell's role or position is. Is it mid-forward? Is it it forward-mid? Is it purely midfield? Is it purely forward? It feels like we have tried all the above at various stages and none of it has worked at a high enough level consistently.

Because the colour of his boots directly correlate with the quality of football played. 🤪
Agreed. :rolleyes:

But seriously, I think it's important that Jack keeps the light coloured boots. The dark boots always make a player seem slower. If he doesn't have speed, he can at least have the illusion of speed.

I want to see pics of our captain

Read that he has put on some size!

That's usually the story at this time of year but with JZ that might tell a story about where they see him next year. Will be interesting.

If he has got bigger from a muscle perspective, I really hope we plan on playing him forward. Every time he has added bulk in the past his running capacity has suffered. He can ill afford to decrease his running capacity

Remove this Banner Ad

Back