Past #7: Jack Ziebell [Part II] - retires post-RFC game/280gm&183gl/6yr captain - Shinboner - assaulted post-RFC game& in hospital - get well soon JZ

Remove this Banner Ad

If Shaw takes us to finals wins when this rebuild is over and Jack is still at the helm everyone on here who knocked him as a leader will start saying he's our best skipper since Duck. Bookmark it.

Engrave it on a bronze plate.

his form was a massive factor when we played out best footy under Shaw. Such an aggressive, influential midfielder when on.
Agreed.

We just need it to happen consistently. Hopefully that's going to happen in 2020.

Snake will be pleased to know that Jack is the first player I've picked for my 2020 supercoach team.

Agreed.

We just need it to happen consistently. Hopefully that's going to happen in 2020.

Snake will be pleased to know that Jack is the first player I've picked for my 2020 supercoach team.

IMO, his "impact" is greater when he's not required to do grunt work in the midfield.

He'd be a superstar of the comp if he had played with sides that had a strong midfield group.

Worst post of 2019, I’ll give it a few hours then nominate it for 2020 too..

You can now.

Swallow (just) better, Simpson and Carey obviously better.

Ziebell has been a poor leader so far on field.

Is far too inconsistent and doesn't inspire the team often enough in critical moments.

IMO Tarrant is a better leader.

Last edited:
2019 Snake Baker awards

Pressure play of the year: A team effort, but JZ get's it going then gets on the end of it to finish it off.

How bloody good was that team pressure
Nevermind play of the year that’s nearly my play of the decade.

Nothing will ever beat Gibson’s goal in the 2014 final but this above was brutal.
Pendlebury monstered and our Captain finishing is as clutch as it gets.

You can now.

Is far too inconsistent and doesn't inspire the team often enough in critical moments.

Swallow was a average leader IMO. Wasn’t vocal enough and could say he was inconsistent too

Some games in 2019 Zeebs definitely led from the front. His tackles and brutal contests inspired the team for sure. The boys obviously love him

I'll agree
You can now.

I'll agree about Tarrant, more players look up to him.

Swallow was a average leader IMO. Wasn’t vocal enough and could say he was inconsistent too

Some games in 2019 Zeebs definitely led from the front. His tackles and brutal contests inspired the team for sure. The boys obviously love him

Swallow cracked in every bit as hard as Ziebell (albeit smaller).

Just because you are loved doesn't necessarily equate to good leader.

I'm sure he's a top bloke.

However he certainly needs to lead from the front more often (just my opinion).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If JZ has:

more 30 disposal, 1 or 2 goal games;
more games where he kicks 4+ goals per game whatever the disp. count;
more games where he drags us back into the game and then leads us to victory;

and we get a flag (or more) along the way then he'll be remembered as one of our greatest captains.

They're all things he needs to do more of. (Including the flags bit.)

You can now.

Hate to agree with on this but Tarrant is Mr Consistency.
I’d love Ziebell to be the same. I hope Shaw had the same chat he had with McMillian to Ziebell.
Throw the gauntlet down because he has it in him to be elite.

Hate to agree with on this but Tarrant is Mr Consistency.
I’d love Ziebell to be the same. I hope Shaw had the same chat he had with McMillian to Ziebell.
Throw the gauntlet down because he has it in him to be elite.

Of course Ziebell can be mate. It is just not near often enough. (i'll ignore the bizarre brain fade turnovers and missed goals under pressure)

I was overly harsh last night sure, but if anyone thinks he has proven himself on-field as a successful leader are kidding themselves.

Like us all i hope this changes and quickly.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back