Past #7: Jack Ziebell [Part II] - retires post-RFC game/280gm&183gl/6yr captain - Shinboner - assaulted post-RFC game& in hospital - get well soon JZ

Remove this Banner Ad

Thanks GR as always. Now I’m an absolute Jack lover but I’m not sure he will be fit enough for round one.
Maybe some bursts off the bench but I don’t think we can expect much more

I think we need to stop playing players that are underdone

I hope Shaw keeps his word and doesn’t play players even though their clearly injured or unfit

I think we need to stop playing players that are underdone

I hope Shaw keeps his word and doesn’t play players even though their clearly injured or unfit
Feel like that could start with the leadership group as a whole not effecting selection. As in, no automatic picks just because you're in that group.

Feel like that could start with the leadership group as a whole not effecting selection. As in, no automatic picks just because you're in that group.

No one should be invincible

Was so frustrated with seeing Brad play Goldstein for a entire year and he clearly was struggling

don’t be afraid to make the hard calls

Ziebell up for opener https://www.nmfc.com.au/news/564202/ziebell-up-for-opener

Jack Ziebell is back running and won’t let a calf injury stop him from putting his hand up for Round 1.

The 28-year-old is coming off a career-best season, but like last pre-season, has been hobbled by pesky calf troubles. However he refuses to concede he’s in doubt for the season-opener against St Kilda on March 22.

“I’m not (in doubt for Round 1), but it doesn’t leave any room for another setback, which I don’t expect there to be,” Ziebell told foxsports.com.au.

“I had a calf in the off-season but I was back in full training before Christmas and did quite a bit over the break. I came back after Christmas and did a bit with the main group and was training really well and was feeling fit.

“I had a bit of a setback the second week back after Christmas, just a tiny little thing, nothing major at all. We backed off for two weeks and now we’re back into training again.”

He’ll miss the Marsh Series game against the Dogs this Friday night, instead eyeing a return in against the Swans.

“I’ll miss the first Marsh just so I can get my training loads back up and then play the second one down in Hobart, have the week off and be ready to go for Round 1,” he said

Sounds like he should be alright.

He generally is. Was underdone at the start of the year but it likely wouldn't have been a huge issue if the entire plan and rest of the team wasn't such a debacle. Fine line though, don't want to carry too many IMO.

Why not have him cherry ripe ready for round 4 and play Bonar, LDU, Ahern and don't rush him it's a long year, theres plenty of midfield depth.

Would like to see 5 minutes a qtr Cunnington 1 out of the square, he could kick 30+ for the year.

North could be the lions of 2020, a smoky for the top 4

He generally is. Was underdone at the start of the year but it likely wouldn't have been a huge issue if the entire plan and rest of the team wasn't such a debacle. Fine line though, don't want to carry too many IMO.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it just me, and I'm not saying this with any certainty, but is Jack looking a little soft around the midsection in that photo to anyone else?

Is it just me, and I'm not saying this with any certainty, but is Jack looking a little soft around the midsection in that photo to anyone else?

I reckon he's lost weight from his face but it appears to have migrated.

Great to have him back. I hear he was running weeks ago anyways. Had a solid block of training before he did his calf so maybe he will be alright for round 1

As someone mentioned, our captain has barely had a preseason for years

Jon Hayish.

Jon Hayish.
0c656b0624d950a28d683de6ecb91c33.jpg

Sent from my SM-A908B using Tapatalk

Took me a while to realise there was a dude on the right. Sorry Hoges
That's not just some dude jlind, thats Arthur Dunger I'll have you know!
From memory, there were some toe touches as part of the exercise in that clip - or maybe Arthur lay on the sun bed while that lovely lady moved the chair back so he could do his sit ups.
Makes me miss the old Hoges show, great mammaries though

Remove this Banner Ad

Back