Past #7: Jack Ziebell [Part II] - retires post-RFC game/280gm&183gl/6yr captain - Shinboner - assaulted post-RFC game& in hospital - get well soon JZ

Remove this Banner Ad

He’s looking like the Hoddle St Massacre flog Julian Knight.

b82a67632b4427bd32dec7f16b5a5172.jpg

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Always annoys me to hear Archer mentioned as "not the most talented bloke".

He wasn't Adrian McAdam but was hardly some hardworking plodder.

Excellent aerially including over the top, could kick bags of goals, outbody bigger opponents, kick bicycle-kick goals, use it well etc.

His toughness masked his ability in the perception of some supporters, a bit like Cunnington now.

Always annoys me to hear Archer mentioned as "not the most talented bloke".

He wasn't Adrian McAdam but was hardly some hardworking plodder.

Excellent aerially including over the top, could kick bags of goals, outbody bigger opponents, kick bicycle-kick goals, use it well etc.

His toughness masked his ability in the perception of some supporters, a bit like Cunnington now.

One of the smarter players in a footy sense I've ever seen. Used his smarts playing as an often undersized key defender. Was a very craft and successful forward.

I will say as frustrating as his goalkicking has been for some time and his fumbles in round 1, he was a bit cleaner yesterday and his work rate got better as the game wore on to the point he finished with a team high 7 marks.
Will be better for the run and as long as we a have a strong midfield there is a spot for Jack in the forward line.

He is finished as a midfielder based on the options we have.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back