• Inside Midfielder

Votes: 89 41.8%
  • Forward Pocket

Votes: 124 58.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.

I hope he doesnt end up like our other future captains in Trotter & McConnell.

Surely its our time to pick up a Joel Selwood. I hope Zeee turns out to be one of the very best of the 2008 crop and not a bust.

The next James Hird.

I like what i hear a quality kick in the midfield YES we been crying out for this for years, with simmo's final season and brady on the decline this kids
development is very important,not to much pressure in 09 let him find his feet.Buckley like delivery sweet

(Log in to remove this ad.)

From those vids he certainly does look to have a kicking style like Buckley.
He seems to lack a bit of pace though?
He does appear to have a physique ready for AFL senior footy though.

The three best mids/utilities I've seen are Buckley, Hird and Voss. Riccutio, Stevens, Hocking in behind them. Not one of them quick. Not one of them even close to quick.

Hard, composed, skillful blokes win flags. Quick blokes look great in 10 goal wins.

I like what i hear a quality kick in the midfield YES we been crying out for this for years, with simmo's final season and brady on the decline this kids
development is very important,not to much pressure in 09 let him find his feet.Buckley like delivery sweet

Harvey and Wells must be just average kicks then.

Harvey and Wells must be just average kicks then.

Ziebell can probably kick it twice as far as Boomer on his left peg.

Brent is a superb short kick and a wonderful finisher, but he doesn't have the kicking depth to be consistently damaging like Wells, Smith and Gav.

Ziebell can probably kick it twice as far as Boomer on his left peg.

Brent is a superb short kick and a wonderful finisher, but he doesn't have the kicking depth to be consistently damaging like Wells, Smith and Gav.

He is still a quality kick. Accurate and fast. But I do agree about the distance.

From those vids he certainly does look to have a kicking style like Buckley.
He seems to lack a bit of pace though?
He does appear to have a physique ready for AFL senior footy though.

He may lack a little pace, but he isnt slow.
Powerful legs and pentrating kick, gets the ball where it needs to go fast and very efficiently.

I think our midfield up and running doesnt lack pace, with Wells, Smith, Boomer, Harding and possibly Gav, Flash and McMahon going through.

We certainly lack a classy clearance player who can get first use and hurt the opposition....enter Mr Ziebell.

Fantastic selection....not so sure about some of the other ones, but Benjamin at pick 70 something is a good get.

Time will tell.

Looks the goods - good size for AFL football already, looks composed, good skills - looks really strong around the packs, good tackler and looks like he can split open a pack!! Booming kick will come in handy can see some big runs forward resulting in goals from this fella!

Happy with the selection seems like the hard pack-busting good skilled midfielder we were looking for!! Reminds me of a young Buckley with his style also reminds me of a Cousins type with a good engine, makes space for the other guys like Harvey,Wells etc..

I read on AFL.com.au somewhere that Dean Laidley said he would give Ziebell as many games as possible this season but if he is not right he will not rush him.

from those vids looks like he can mark and tackle but got no idea why everyone is rating his kicking. Looks better on the left rather the his right. Most of the kicks on his preferred went straight to the opposition or didn't hit the target. Still love his hands overhead, desire at the ball and willingness to play on at every chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back