• Inside Midfielder

Votes: 89 41.8%
  • Forward Pocket

Votes: 124 58.2%

• Total voters

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Exceptional game really. I hope that the directive to handball more stays with him because he did very well with it. Not only that but delivered a stunningly hard bump - all while still sore from last week from the looks of things. Warrior.

I don't understand the criticism of Jack's kicking efficiency..The majority of his kicks come from stoppages and congestion, where the correct play is to bomb it long.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk
I agree. At worst he gives us distance and a 50/50 cant see why we cant get a fwd to the contest and a crummer front and square. ( well actually i can because LT is flying with our big men and when it hits the deck we are outnumbered).

I don't understand the criticism of Jack's kicking efficiency..The majority of his kicks come from stoppages and congestion, where the correct play is to bomb it long.

Unfortunately a lot of those long bombs are also when he's had a bit of time and space, and is streaming forward. Has a terrible tendancy to overcook the pass or just plain old choose the wrong option, or shank it ol' mate gibbo style. I normally give him a pass for the ones he launches around the body while being tackled (usually the best, or second best, option available), and he DOES have a good leg on him, but so often his disposal by foot is average at best. Today he was amazing though. High possession numbers (for him) and very clean disposal (while not habitually playing it safe).

Unfortunately a lot of those long bombs are also when he's had a bit of time and space, and is streaming forward. Has a terrible tendancy to overcook the pass or just plain old choose the wrong option, or shank it ol' mate gibbo style. I normally give him a pass for the ones he launches around the body while being tackled (usually the best, or second best, option available), and he DOES have a good leg on him, but so often his disposal by foot is average at best. Today he was amazing though. High possession numbers (for him) and very clean disposal (while not habitually playing it safe).
I can see how you view that .
The way I see it is most of his kicks are 40 to 60 meters. Yes if you compare him to a Dylan Shiel, who has pace to gain a couple of meters out of a pack and settle before kicking. Jack does not have pace, he usually has no option but to bomb it forward. I don't really see him shank anywhere near the capacity that gibbo does.
He is a better kick then most at our club.

Exceptional game really. I hope that the directive to handball more stays with him because he did very well with it. Not only that but delivered a stunningly hard bump - all while still sore from last week from the looks of things. Warrior.
If in deed there was a directive to handball, why has it taken so long to come? It was as plain as day five games into his career. When he bombs it out of those packs it leaves our players out of position. A quick handball out and we are off and going. I would be reasonably confident that our practise drills don't revolve around jack winning the footy and kicking it away from everybody. Play the way you train.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I'm a big fan and he was great yesterday. Just what we've been wanting to see and if he stays at that level, we'll win a fair few games this year - he'll drag us over the line Selwood-style.

Also like that he got angry near the end, really getting stuck into Mumford a couple of times. Given Mummy is seen as the AFL's most intimidating player, then watch out competition because we've got two players who scared Mummy yesterday.

I'm a big fan and he was great yesterday. Just what we've been wanting to see and if he stays at that level, we'll win a fair few games this year - he'll drag us over the line Selwood-style.

Also like that he got angry near the end, really getting stuck into Mumford a couple of times. Given Mummy is seen as the AFL's most intimidating player, then watch out competition because we've got two players who scared Mummy yesterday.

Exactly what you want to see from a captain.

That ******* turd John Ralph bringing up the Ziebell collision with Davis as something that will be looked at. In other words he wants them to look at it.

If he gets anything for that then the club needs to go apeshit at this ****ed up system. Also time for Brad to call out Ralph for being nothing but a gutter trash sniping wannabe journalist.

That ******* turd John Ralph bringing up the Ziebell collision with Davis as something that will be looked at. In other words he wants them to look at it.

If he gets anything for that then the club needs to go apeshit at this ****** up system. Also time for Brad to call out Ralph for being nothing but a gutter trash sniping wannabe journalist.

He can call all he likes, perfectly executed legal bump.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back