List Mgmt. 7 Players wanting out? (only 7?)

Who wants out?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

I couldn't care less about Burton. In the last 5 years Ogilvie has had one really good draft in 2015. The rest have been average at best.

2012 & 13 * all picks. But still produced some gems including Cameron and Matt.

2014 Lever and Gov
2015 Doedee, Milera and ROB
2016 was average

2017&18 too early to tell.

Think you are understating his drafting a bit and ignoring our poor development and lost picks.

Again I’ll ask, if Duursma and Butters were drafted by us would we have backed them in? You know the answer to that.

Not really. The Club wasn't prepared to counter offer what GWS was (their offer also included the Captaincy). And fair enough too.

The club never offered Davis a contract.

Similar to Gold Coast with Tom Lynch, Adelaide were prepared to let Davis walk to GWS knowing they would get pick 2 in the pre-draft (which they took B.Crouch) and then got Luke Brown as steak knives.

Our first rounders under Ogilvie:

Lever turned into 2 firsts
Milera
Doedee
Gallucci
Fogarty
Jones
McHenry

The only confirmed miss in there is Gallucci in my opinion.

Fogarty still too early to judge as is Jones and McHenry, if Duursma and Butters were picked by us do you think they would have been told from day 1 of preseason that we would be playing them? Our issue is we just don’t ficking play our kids.

He’s also turned a rookie pick in Cameron into pick 13, Gov a pick in the 40s into 13. ROB was a rookie.

Pick 9 is the best he’s had to work with.

I also reckon those 5 low picks we missed out on in 2012&13 who would be 25 now would come in handy.

Ogilvie is the least of our problems. Don’t be like that guy who has a boner for Ogilvie because he didn’t draft Burton.
That list clearly doesn't inspire

Rendell and Collingwood look alright though

But seriously the review will see our drafting has been rubbish leaving our list in disarray

On [device_name] using BigFooty.com mobile app

If you think we have drafted well over the last 5 years why is our list of Under 23's currently rated 18th.

Because we don’t play them

Jones needs a big chunk of games but other than him the rest look a bit meh. I don't see many genuine midfielders or KPPs on our list

Gooch - Don't rate him
Poholke - Big heart but not AFL standard
Stengle - Okay but will never be a star
McAdam - Small forward
McHenry - Small forward
Himmelberg - Don't rate him
Scholl/Hamill/McPherson - half back flankers
Davis - Don't rate him

Jones needs a big chunk of games but other than him the rest look a bit meh. I don't see many genuine midfielders or KPPs on our list

Gooch - Don't rate him
Poholke - Big heart but not AFL standard
Stengle - Okay but will never be a star
McAdam - Small forward
McHenry - Small forward
Himmelberg - Don't rate him
Scholl/Hamill/McPherson - half back flankers
Davis - Don't rate him
McHenry isn’t a small forward, he’s a midfielder.

You mention Scholl/Hamill/McPherson as half back flankers as if that’s a bad thing. You’ve seen how we are dying with a lack of run from our defence.

Stengle, Scholl, Davis all late picks.

Himmelberg, Pohohkle picked in the 40-50s.

Butts you didn’t mention is a rookie that looks good.

Gooch I agree is looking a bust, but besides he and McHenry none of the above are first rounders.

But a number of these kids we’ve re-signed so the club must see enough in them to want to keep them around, if they were dud picks you would hope they wouldn’t.

Ogilvie hasn’t had a lot to work with and as Marty says the later the pick the percentages are that they won’t make it.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

If you think we have drafted well over the last 5 years why is our list of Under 23's currently rated 18th.

That’s just an opinion piece, and even if it’s true, the gap between 8th and 18th is not significant. All of the teams at the top of the list have had a lot more top 10 draft picks than is.

McHenry isn’t a small forward, he’s a midfielder.

You mention Scholl/Hamill/McPherson as half back flankers as if that’s a bad thing. You’ve seen how we are dying with a lack of run from our defence.

Stengle, Scholl, Davis all late picks.

Himmelberg, Pohohkle picked in the 40-50s.

Butts you didn’t mention is a rookie that looks good.

Gooch I agree is looking a bust, but besides he and McHenry none of the above are first rounders.

But a number of these kids we’ve re-signed so the club must see enough in them to want to keep them around, if they were dud picks you would hope they wouldn’t.

Ogilvie hasn’t had a lot to work with and as Marty says the later the pick the percentages are that they won’t make it.

****McHenry - Midfelder? Not according to the AFC website
***Scholl/Hamill/McPh - when you rebuild you start with genuine midfielders and KPP's.
****Butts - forgot him - he could be a genuine KPP defender. Intriguing player. Hopefully we will see him next year but I wouldn't bet my house on it given the atrocious youth development of this club.

That’s just an opinion piece, and even if it’s true, the gap between 8th and 18th is not significant. All of the teams at the top of the list have had a lot more top 10 draft picks than is.
And most opinion - even by so-called “experts” - is garbage. For goodness sake, Gerard Healy referred to Douglas tonight as a “gun” midfielder and had no idea why he had ever been dropped. And people need to go back and read experts opinions on previous trade weeks to see just how wrong they can get it.

I think we should be cautiously optimistic about our Under 23s. We just need to bloody well play them is all.

And most opinion - even by so-called “experts” - is garbage. For goodness sake, Gerard Healy referred to Douglas tonight as a “gun” midfielder and had no idea why he had ever been dropped. And people need to go back and read experts opinions on previous trade weeks to see just how wrong they can get it.

I think we should be cautiously optimistic about our Under 23s. We just need to bloody well play them is all.
I sprayed beer every where .. Gerard is a peanut .. no, a bag of peanuts

****McHenry - Midfelder? Not according to the AFC website
***Scholl/Hamill/McPh - when you rebuild you start with genuine midfielders and KPP's.
****Butts - forgot him - he could be a genuine KPP defender. Intriguing player. Hopefully we will see him next year but I wouldn't bet my house on it given the atrocious youth development of this club.
You do start with KPPs, that's why you keep Talia, trade out Harto and Greenwood to get Francis back. Develop Butts too.

You also move heaven and earth to have a crack at Luko.... I mean REALLY have a go.

Then you have that big, aggressive lump of a lad who kicked that 60m bomb last night.

Our list manager took a risk with the Carlton deal last season, this off season we need to take some more and get the rebuild moving at a fast pace.

But we are 18th and apparently have the best recruiting manager in the afl so I am told by you lot

Is everyone just taking the piss

But we are 18th and apparently have the best recruiting manager in the afl so I am told by you lot

Is everyone just taking the piss

But we are 18th... according to staff writers for the AFL website. Must be true then.

Perhaps our recruiting hasn’t been the best, but to say it’s been rubbish - as you suggest - is almost certainly off the mark. We won’t actually know how good the under 23s are until 5 years from now... let’s talk then.

But we are 18th... according to staff writers for the AFL website. Must be true then.

Perhaps our recruiting hasn’t been the best, but to say it’s been rubbish - as you suggest - is almost certainly off the mark. We won’t actually know how good the under 23s are until 5 years from now... let’s talk then.
I'd rather listen to what the afl have to say than a biased supporter

Or maybe we should listen to the advertiser soccer reporter

Seriously who else's opinion holds any weight

The club never offered Davis a contract.

Similar to Gold Coast with Tom Lynch, Adelaide were prepared to let Davis walk to GWS knowing they would get pick 2 in the pre-draft (which they took B.Crouch) and then got Luke Brown as steak knives.
"Once we found out what we were up against with Phil, we put an offer together ... that was way, way, way over any offer to a 20-game player in the history of this football club," Harper said.

"It still wasn't in the ballpark ... I don't think we as a club could have done any more to keep Phil here.”

I'd rather listen to what the afl have to say than a biased supporter

Or maybe we should listen to the advertiser soccer reporter

Seriously who else's opinion holds any weight

I reiterate - most opinion is garbage. Almost all of the staff writers on the AFL had Melbourne winning a flag this year or playing off in a GF at the very least. They were very, very wrong. They could well be as wrong about the quality of each lists under 23s.

Back