AFL Toast 7 point win over Freo

Remove this Banner Ad

The umps will get a ‘please explain’....for Allowing Essendon to actually win the game
Right.
‘It should have been a free, but it wasn’t intentional. We’ll speak to them so we’re sorted for Dreamtime’

Hope the umpires bought the boys dinner before ******* them like that

Even Eddie thought they ****** us
Ive noticed in Friday nights game, listening to the Dons on the radio, and watching SwansNorf inn tv, that the commentators are mentioning the umpiring a little more than usual.

AFL tomorrow morning about last quarter umpiring:
InconsequentialEuphoricIrishsetter-size_restricted.gif

Please tell me, in what other professional sport world wide, do umpires have such an impact?

It's got to the point where one was the subject on Open Mike. Really?

Only comparison I can think of is the football and var controversies but that's only one bad decision a game. Let the boys play!

Christ the afl have got some work ahead of them.

I think when we get McKernan and brown back we will start to play a bit better, the makeshift forwardline hasn't helped us. At least there was some really good hit up leads tonight.

We got better as the game went on before that 1 free kicks sucked the life out of us.
1st one was the worst decision and can't be ticked off under any circumstances.
2nd was stiff but It was technically there. It's more a s**t interpretation/rule then a bad decision.
3rd on Langford was there and was rightly paid.

Parish was pretty good, McGrath got better.
Redman is the pick for me super consistent and another really solid game.
Guelfi really good with lots of smothers and some good tackles that actually stuck.
McKenna managed to turn the form round a bit
Ambrose was good again.
Hurley huge, Merrett huge.
Zaharakis started to find some form and used it relatively well.
Stringer should be leading our best and fairest he has been so important all year.

Begley, Parish, Francis and Langford.

Whilst none of them set the world on fire they showed enough.

They have to play out the rest of the season barring injury.
Actually, we should only play them if their form warrants it. They get a pass for next week, but with McKernan, Brown and Laverde edging closer to an AFL return, there will be some pressure for spots.

Fremantle had the top ranked defence by conceding the least amount of points over the first 8 rounds. Plus the Ross Lyon factor. It was pretty obvious we weren't going to have a goal onslaught.

I was more impressed with our own defence. Yes they missed some chances (so did we!) but to have them on 4 goals with 10 minutes left before the officiating umpires took over was a pleasing effort.

We have lost many games like this over recent years so it's good to be on the other end for a change. We were able to grind out a win that may not look convincing on the scoreboard but we looked the better side for at least 80% of the night. With several key players missing... I think this is a positive.

Looking ahead to next week we have our most significant challenge against a team that manages to expose every single one of our weaknesses every time we play them. We are probably due to snag one against the Tigers (8 losses in a row) but I will believe it when I see it. I don't think they would overly concerned watching our game tonight but the confidence a win can do for our players can't be underestimated.

The umpiring never recovered after that "delibrate out of bounds".

I'd forgotten about that one.
The holding the ball that Daniher got against Pearce from about 60m out was also horrible, think it resulted in a goal to us

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Matt Guelfi you are a ******* stud
Joe and Fridge need kicking lessons
Man love for #9
Bags was useless
Umps couldnt have ********* tried any harder to rob us.
From Brissy ive spent the last two weeks seeing family and friends in regional VIC & SA and tonight was the last night before an early morning flight tomorrow.
YEAH BOMBERS WE WON BABY!!!!!

I’d probably be that negative too if I had an entire forum of people bullying me every week.
Everybody gets called out when they shitpost.. its a forum.. if thats bullying unplug your router.

Please tell me, in what other professional sport world wide, do umpires have such an impact?

It's got to the point where one was the subject on Open Mike. Really?

Only comparison I can think of is the football and var controversies but that's only one bad decision a game. Let the boys play!

Christ the afl have got some work ahead of them.
The way game is been run and administered a moment is just horrible. AFL will not acknowledge how poor the umpiring has got, and just tick everything off on Monday mornings. Then they want the supporters to so them respect. And it’s not just Essendon games, as last nights game in Perth was a shocking display of umpiring.

I'd forgotten about that one.
The holding the ball that Daniher got against Pearce from about 60m out was also horrible, think it resulted in a goal to us

No it didn't

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Always better to win ugly than lose honourably. Langford's performance was impressive, hopefully he can build on it. Forward half pressure seriously lacking, I'm thinking this is where we can use the mid-season draft to cover this weakness.

Always better to win ugly than lose honourably. Langford's performance was impressive, hopefully he can build on it. Forward half pressure seriously lacking, I'm thinking this is where we can use the mid-season draft to cover this weakness.

Frustrating seeing the ball rebound uncontested If we don't mark it or bring it to ground in our fwd 50 it's a real weakness that needs to be fixed asap cant rely on sling shot footy.

I don't mind winning a bit ugly. To turn around bad form sometimes you just need to grind out a win sometimes. If we can build from here we may be a chance to prey on an injury ravaged Richmond next week.

Good effort from our defense, their combination of Hogan, Cox and Taberner is no joke and we killed em. I thought Hurley had a cracking game.

It was nice to see Begley out there playing and even though his radar was well off (I think it has been in the VFL too) but he actually played pretty well aside from the kicking at goal.

Francis played much better today than in previous weeks.

I still have no idea why McNiece played ahead of Ridley.

Tippa keeps his perfect kicks goals only in wins stat. Kind of amusing.

Overseas at the moment and had to buy wifi on my flight to keep track of the scores. Almost had a heart attack towards the end there.

Glad we won. An ugly win is still a win.

Aren’t we supposed to have both Brown and Mckernan available next week? Would be very handy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back