Prediction 7 premiers for the 20's

Which 7 teams will win a premiership in the next decade?

• Adelaide

• Brisbane

• Carlton

• Collingwood

• Essendon

• Fremantle

• Geelong

• Gold Coast

• GWS

• Hawthorn

• Melbourne

• North Melboune

• Port Adelaide

• Richmond

• St.Kilda

• Sydney

• West Coast

• Western Bulldogs

• Other/New team

Results are only viewable after voting.

Remove this Banner Ad

2020: West Coast
2021: GWS
2022: GWS
2023: Brisbane
2024: Fremantle
2025: Brisbane
2026: Sydney
2027: Hawthorn
2028: Hawthorn
2029: Collingwood

Royal Commission held in early 2027 following seven years of non-Vics winning - which results in the reintroduction of the #freekickhawthorn rule

Don't worry the Pies one will be asterisked too, someone somehow will find a reason #VICBIAS

Theres plenty of threads on the subject, but the only grand final win where HGA was a factor was 2017.
and then richmond demolished the crows, who've now been seen as pretenders anyway

So you don’t think the dogs got a leg up getting a home city GF when the Swans finished above them?

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I would've been pretty confident we'd still win that in Sydney as our 2 previous matches up there against them, we'd won. As far as the actual ground goes, both the swan and the dogs only got 2 matches on the MCG in the regular season, then 2 more a piece in the finals. As far as crowd goes, every doggies fan would have made the trek up to Sydney if it was up there, as was the case for the Giants match.

I would've been pretty confident we'd still win that in Sydney as our 2 previous matches up there against them, we'd won. As far as the actual ground goes, both the swan and the dogs only got 2 matches on the MCG in the regular season, then 2 more a piece in the finals. As far as crowd goes, every doggies fan would have made the trek up to Sydney if it was up there, as was the case for the Giants match.

Possibly, we will never know.

So you don’t think the dogs got a leg up getting a home city GF when the Swans finished above them?

Plus we are 4 to 0 against Sydney in finals. Always feel good coming up against them in September.
EDIT: Although to General Giants original point I do think the fixed MCG Grand Final is an unfair advantage to Melbourne clubs.

you would have won anywhere with that lopsided umpiring

otherwise you get the runners up you deserved

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Is it an advantage? Yep

Should it be changed? No
It's a debate for another thread, but the superbowl changes every year.
We're locked in for decades as a result of a recent contract though. I would have thought the new stadium in Sydney when finished would have otherwise been a candidate.

It's a debate for another thread, but the superbowl changes every year.
We're locked in for decades as a result of a recent contract though. I would have thought the new stadium in Sydney when finished would have otherwise been a candidate.

ANZ is to become a full time rectangle and the SCG will be only 50k and the limit of Giants stadium was 35k (I’ve heard), so wont be here.

Tradition keeps it there as it probably should, some fans just need to accept its 1 hell of an advantage to Victorian clubs and their fans.

But yes it’s for another thread.

2020: Richmond
2021: Richmond
2022: Richmond
2023: Richmond
2024: Richmond
2025: Richmond
2026: Richmond
2027: Richmond
2028: Richmond
2029: Richmond

Mark my words if Richmond don't win it then another of the teams will.

At the time of this post Gold Coast at 32 (12.6%).

The following teams have less.
Adelaide 16 (6.3%)
Essendon 11 (4.3%)
North Melbourne 21 (8.3%)
Port Adelaide 24 (9.4%)
Saints 24 (9.4%)

I would have thought GC would be one of the least likely.

No one can predict GC, their kids could turn out like Hawthorns great draft (Franklin, Roughy & Lewis) or like Melbourne's. Huge hype around Lukosius from draft gurus though, who some predict is the next Nick Riewoldt. Then you have Ben King the KPP who has proven the most from that draft coupled with Rankine, Rowell & Anderson. That is 5 possible superstars to go with some already good kids e.g. Ben Ainsworth. Probably not the worst guess for 2024+

Think my club will have a good/strong 10 years. Most of our guns or future/possible A graders are 25 or under (Bontempelli - 24, Macrae - 25, Dunkley - 23, Naughton - 20, Hunter - 25, B Smith - 19)

Last edited:
There's some debate about how long "a generation" is but I'm going for 25 years.

Melbourne and St.Kilda are into their 3rd generation without a flag, there are Demon supporters and their grandchildren who have never lived a flag.
Carlton and Freo are on the brink of entering their 2nd generation
In the first half of this decade Adelaide, North and Essendon will join them if they don't taste success
By decade's end Brisbane and Port Adelaide can join the multi-generation group on the dark side of the street.

At the time of this post Gold Coast at 32 (12.6%).

The following teams have less.
Adelaide 16 (6.3%)
Essendon 11 (4.3%)
North Melbourne 21 (8.3%)
Port Adelaide 24 (9.4%)
Saints 24 (9.4%)

agree, they can’t keep players no one wants to be there and can’t see that changing regardless of who coach ect ect is. I think it’s the culture of the Gold Coast as a whole that ruins it for footballers, living there is completely different to the holiday

2020: Richmond
2021: Richmond
2022: Richmond
2023: Richmond
2024: Richmond
2025: Richmond
2026: Richmond
2027: Richmond
2028: Richmond
2029: Richmond

Mark my words if Richmond don't win it then another of the teams will.
are you mad we didn’t stay in your “fluked a premiership” club?

Back