News 7 Re-Signings

Remove this Banner Ad

I agree that those two have been protected on this board and any criticism has been argued against strongly - I'd throw in Darcy Moore before contract concerns arose. I've been quite critical of Shaz over the years and lots of posters have argued with me about my comments; however I've never felt targetted. For an internet forum, this place is pretty good at arguing the opinion rather than targetting the poster. Sorry to hear that you've felt otherwise.
I personally don't feel targeted, it's more anyone who seems to hold a view that doesn't fit the boards regulars ethos seems to be met with pretty aggressive reception. I've just seen it because I don't rate Broomhead, would agree with Darcy too.

Why broomhead honestly definition of a list clogged

Please tell me your kidding.

Definitely deserves to at least be rookied (which he was).

Was in the 22 round 1 before a horrendous injury, and has been on the fringe his whole career. Never solidified his spot, but also never thay far behind.
No reason to not give ourselves a bit longer to see if he will make it - especially if its only on a rookie spot.

And you can't delist your whole list.
Of those who have not yet been announced to have a new contract, I think McLarty is the only one to be hard done by - I don't understand why he cant get a new contract this early in his development.
(And Magden if we can Cat B him again - but probably nothing above that)

Please tell me your kidding.

Definitely deserves to at least be rookied (which he was).

Was in the 22 round 1 before a horrendous injury, and has been on the fringe his whole career. Never solidified his spot, but also never thay far behind.
No reason to not give ourselves a bit longer to see if he will make it - especially if its only on a rookie spot.

And you can't delist your whole list.
Of those who have not yet been announced to have a new contract, I think McLarty is the only one to be hard done by - I don't understand why he cant get a new contract this early in his development.
(And Magden if we can Cat B him again - but probably nothing above that)
Please tell me im kidding?

Next year will be his 6th year on an AFL list for 36 games.

He has played what? 3 good games in those 6 seasons. Im certainly not kidding.

Not a huge wrap on broomhead either but he definitely deserved a life line for one last shot at it especially after his injury, would seem heartless to just get thrown in the scrap heap .

Sorry guys, forgot we can't criticise the protected species of Tim Broomhead.

Not sure why he has been re-signed at all. List clogger.
So lets sack anyone with a long-term injury? Great image for the club, culture and moral.

Don't see him as protected, in fact surprised that he has stayed given the mismanagement of his previous injuries.

Good player, glad we signed him.

I would argue he's played plenty more than 3 good games, and there's a reason we have held on to him as opposed to the Kyle Martins and Ben Kennedy's of the world.

But even if you decide he's done, you then need to look at what his replacement will be.
We look like having 5-6 other delistings already, and Broomheads new contract is on the rookie list.

Lets say we are gonna 3 from the main draft, that leaves 2-3 from the rookie draft. All Broomhead is taking up is our 3rd or 4th pick in the Rookie draft - which will be something like the 150th player taken (from both drafts)
The question becomes - to you take Broomhead and give him time to get healthy, or do you take the 150th best player from the two drafts?
I know who I would rather take a gamble on.

You don't think the order players are re-signed indicates any sort of priority. I disagree. What's hard to understand about that? Priority x Difficulty = How soon the club re-signs a player. Mihocek (from what I quoted) seems to be very happy to accept a deal from the Pies, so then the question is where he is prioritiezed. You cite a media report that a "two year deal" is in front of him. I disagree with that as there is huge amount of evidence that the media likes to throw out numbers to pretend they are in the know.

This isn't rocket science. I didn't think I had to outline that entire statement so you could connect the dots?

The truth is you don't actually care, you're just offended someone is criticising your butt-buddy Broomhead. Your opinion on Broomhead has been proven to be significantly overinflated, so I'm not sure why it is even relevant to any discussion as it pertains to his value.
Maybe Mihocek is being prioritised over others.

Perhaps we are seeing what is leftover so all that money can be allocated to him? As in sign some players for unders then Mio gets his contract with cream leftover.

Fact is you have NFI what is going on & are making wild claims & then insulting posters if they disagree.

I'm happy to see Broomy kept on the list.
Yes he has been on the list for a long time for not much to show for it but I think we need to look at the circumstances.
He has been very unlucky with injury and illness.
Has never been able to string some games together and find some form.
Truth is none of really know yet what he could offer.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Maybe Mihocek is being prioritised over others.

Perhaps we are seeing what is leftover so all that money can be allocated to him? As in sign some players for unders then Mio gets his contract with cream leftover.

Fact is you have NFI what is going on & are making wild claims & then insulting posters if they disagree.
Hey look, its another one of the Broomhead defenders from years gone by!!

"Yo everybody, this dude said a player who has managed 35 games in 5 years, has been on our list since we last played in a prelim, has had fewer disposals in his career than Phillips had this year, kicked fewer goals in his career than a 19-year-old rookie did in his first year and also has less Brownlow votes in his entire career than said Rookie had his first year was a list clogger and didnt deserve another contract!!

tenor.gif

Great to see some re-signings.

Appleby and Broomhead as rookies gives us more list spots meaning we can take more picks and points into the draft. Wouldn’t surprise me if we only went into the season with a senior list of 38 and a couple of pre-season rookie promotions.

I won't go back and start quoting all the crap that has been thrown my way over the years for my criticism of Broomhead's selection because to be honest that would be petty, but let's just say I think a few posters would be pretty embarrassed.

Since you named and shamed me specifically, i'd like you to produce a single instance where I have done what you suggested I had.

Oh and by the way....

...all the crap that has been thrown my way over the years...

TightHopefulGaur-size_restricted.gif

Best-Cry-Ever.gif

giphy.gif

Last edited:
Hey look, its another one of the Broomhead defenders from years gone by!!

"Yo everybody, this dude said a player who has managed 35 games in 5 years, has been on our list since we last played in a prelim, has had fewer disposals in his career than Phillips had this year, kicked fewer goals in his career than a 19-year-old rookie did in his first year and also has less Brownlow votes in his entire career than said Rookie had his first year was a list clogger and didnt deserve another contract!!

tenor.gif
giphy.gif

My issue with Broomhead is that next year will be year 6, he has done sweet FA to contribute, he has probably had 1 good game his entire career, yet there are people on this forum, namely you, jackcass, wicksy etc. who feel the need to jump on anyone on this forum who suggests what is blatantly clear to most which is Broomhead is no good. A year later Broomhead gets brought up, guess who pops up to defend him?

The number of excuses I've had to listen to for years from "the clubs mismanaging his injury" to "He is playing out of position" from a select group of posters is laughable. You simply refuse to acknowledge that he has been a huge let down for how much those "in the know" (apparently) on this forum have propped him up.

I bring up Aish is better than Broomhead - Heavily criticised by the same few. I bring up Phillips is better than Broomhead - Heavily Criticised by the same few.

At what point are you simply going to admit you were wrong?

Broomy being Brodie's close mate is good enough reason to rookie him. if he gets a game that's a bonus.

Since you named and shamed me specifically, i'd like you to produce a single instance where I have done what you suggested I had.

Oh and by the way....
Done, found in 2 minutes (Keep in mind this is 2017..... lol):

Untitled.png

Please.

Don't bother.

I've tried, trust me i have...

I'm happy to see Broomy kept on the list.
Yes he has been on the list for a long time for not much to show for it but I think we need to look at the circumstances.
He has been very unlucky with injury and illness.
Has never been able to string some games together and find some form.
Truth is none of really know yet what he could offer.

Was best 22 when cruelly injured and deserves a last chance. Will take Oxleys spot as the "last chance rookie". Its an apt and appropriate list management decision.

Its not as if his injury was related to previous injury or chronic in any way. Just a freak accident.

Going off the photos, can we read anything into the fact Broomy and Elliott both wearing the away strip?
Broomy is staying away at Grundy's home.

Elliott gets a lift to an away house after the races with appropriate facilities (no wheelie bins)

Great to see some re-signings.

Appleby and Broomhead as rookies gives us more list spots meaning we can take more picks and points into the draft. Wouldn’t surprise me if we only went into the season with a senior list of 38 and a couple of pre-season rookie promotions.

We might have to carry Murray if the ASADA case isnt resolved by list cut-off. So may not have the luxury or running one short unless the club chooses to delist him anyway....

Says who? Mihocek has said he will sign for anything, publically.

"Has a deal in front of him" doesn't make sense.
Maybe he would sign for anything; but he can't sign until his MANAGER puts the contract in front of him.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back