News 7 Re-Signings

Remove this Banner Ad

Fair to say I wont be happy at all if we discard McLarty and especially so if it's due to list balance after signing two Irish talls.

Much rather show some loyalty to an Australian kid who grew up loving and playing the game than an Irish import who if recent history within the AFL is any guide is likely to get homesick and leave after a season or two.

Sier is the perfect example of retaining faith in players and I'd strongly argue McLarty has displayed better form across his first two seasons than Sier did.

It seems it goes like this
Poster: Wow seven re-signings, good work Pies
Next Poster: Yeah, nice work, its interesting McLarty hasn't re-signed yet
Next Poster: Maybe they are looking at delisting him
Next Poster: What!! There is no way we would be that stupid to delist McLarty
Next Poster: This place is rooted if we delisted him
Next Poster: That's it I'm done with the furken club, how furken stupid are the people who manage our list, McLarty MUST stay, where's Eddie?

Last edited:

Next Poster: That's it I'm done with the furken club, how furken stupid are they people who manage our list, McLarty MUST stay, where's Eddie?

Don't forget:

I'm entitled to my stupid opinion and childish melt! It's a free country! I thought this was a forum? How dare you express your opinion about my opinion.

Next Poster: That's it I'm done with the furken club, how furken stupid are they people who manage our list, McLarty MUST stay, where's Eddie?

Weird isn't it. Someone (can't be bothered to check who it was) was throwing tanties a few weeks ago because there were no formal announcements of signings by the club and then when we do get one, someone is throwing tanties because of which players were/weren't signed and what that clearly (in their minds) means. Viva la age of entitlement!

Yeah but what about that Broomhead dud!!!!

Josh Daicos to remain a Magpie

By Peter Ryan

For those Collingwood fans wondering what is happening with Josh Daicos after his name wasn't among the seven Magpie re-signings announced yesterday, we can assure you there is no need to worry.

Daicos, the son of former great Peter, will be in Collingwood colours in 2019 after agreeing to re-sign with the club

The terms and conditions are still being finalised but Daicos, who played 10 games for Collingwood in 2018 to bring his career tally to 12, will remain at the Magpies.

The Pies have had a good run since the end of the season, retaining Darcy Moore, Tom Langdon and Daicos while re-signing Tim Broomhead and Flynn Appleby.

The are set to land Jordan Roughead from the Bulldogs before the end of today's trade period, while negotiations continue around the potential return of premiership midfielder and club best and fairest winner Dayne Beams.

its great to see the club sign 7 players in a big bunch like that, good to see.

Only question (outside of no Mihocek) would be why isn't Broomhead wearing a VFL jumper?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

its great to see the club sign 7 players in a big bunch like that, good to see.

Only question (outside of no Mihocek) would be why isn't Broomhead wearing a VFL jumper?

43598e81e8865b644b1f121e9e17ce2d.gif

Posters seem to get targetted on this board at times if they don't hold views that align with the "elite" on this board.

And FYI you have probably been the least aggressive with the defence of Broomhead, don't really have a bone to pick with you personally.
Tell you what, if people stopped doing this rubbish ^^ there'd be a lot better discourse. Criticising others for criticising your point of view helps nobody and doesn't further any arguments.

- you're entitled to have your say on Broomhead
- others are entitled to dispute your position
- you can choose to defend it further or not.

It's not targeting, it's called disagreeing.

Tell you what, if people stopped doing this rubbish ^^ there'd be a lot better discourse. Criticising others for criticising your point of view helps nobody and doesn't further any arguments.

- you're entitled to have your say on Broomhead
- others are entitled to dispute your position
- you can choose to defend it further or not.

It's not targeting, it's called disagreeing.

As a self-appointed member of the board's 'elite', I have decided to approve of this post.

Hopefully with the trade period done and dusted and now knowing what picks (and cap space we have) we have we will get some more re-signings soon.

Going into the draft we only need enough list spots free as we have live picks. So with only 4 picks with points attached we really only need to clear 4 list spots prior to the draft.

Fas is already gone and you would think Smith, Oxley, Kirby and Blair are too so that is already enough pre-draft. Any extras just clears list space for a couple of late Hine specials.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back