Traded 7. Tayla Harris

Remove this Banner Ad

Lace_Out, let's not have the discussion if you're not mature enough for the to and fro. Editing my post with such a simplistic offering, is just not kosher.

I don't see it as a gender equality issue.

It was a couple of little dirtbags writing stupid things, probably in their bedrooms after school.
That was blown out of proportion.

I have no issue with gender equality personally, wouldn't want any female, let alone my wife and daughter treated unfairly.

We just need to be consistent with fairness.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Lace_Out, let's not have the discussion if you're not mature enough for the to and fro. Editing my post with such a simplistic offering, is just not kosher.
Sorry ODNB, I don't mean to belittle your post it's just that I feel strongly about there being the right type of equality.
IMHO those comments initially should of been reported and deleted and we move on. That's enough of a no tolerance stand.
There is plenty of "inappropriate" comments both ways, it just seems that only one side of ledger is deemed inappropriate. That is my biggest gripe.

Sorry ODNB, I don't mean to belittle your post it's just that I feel strongly about there being the right type of equality.
IMHO those comments initially should of been reported and deleted and we move on. That's enough of a no tolerance stand.
There is plenty of "inappropriate" comments both ways, it just seems that only one side of ledger is deemed inappropriate. That is my biggest gripe.

Genuine questions, LO - what's the 'right' kind of equality in your eyes and secondly, this "move on"? Do you believe all people can just move on from the sort of thing Tayla and others experience? Thanks.

Genuine questions, LO - what's the 'right' kind of equality in your eyes and secondly, this "move on"? Do you believe all people can just move on from the sort of thing Tayla and others experience? Thanks.
To be honest the more I think about it the more I think we just need to move and move forward.
My concern is it divides people, when we need to be united.
But, if that's what it takes to make a change then so be it, especially if it helps my daughter going forward. Then I'm all in every day and twice on Sundays.

To be honest the more I think about it the more I think we just need to move and move forward.
My concern is it divides people, when we need to be united.
But, if that's what it takes to make a change then so be it, especially if it helps my daughter going forward. Then I'm all in every day and twice on Sundays.

How old is your daughter?
I had to quit footy when I was 12 and play netball and I was so upset and I was a better player (rover) than my brother who could keep playing.
I'm thrilled we have a professional footy career path for women. I wish the rest of society would catch up. I hate the whole troll culture.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

She's 12 Neese.
She is more into her dancing though (competes).
She wanted to play footy but my wife and I wouldn't let her as she is too skinny and worry about her getting hurt etc.

That's a shame you had to stop doing something you love, glad girls today have a choice.

Andy Maher summed it up passionately and beautifully on The Front Bar last night. It’s not about Tayla, or her abilities as a footballer - it’s about the moment and start of a movement.

ZIP IT MAD MAL.

It's ignorant and bigoted patrichary attitudes like Blight's that make the importance of this statue even more important.

So very proud of Tayla and humbled she plays for our footy club. She is a fantastic role model and player to boot, and did not deserve to read all those vile and perverted comments from sad, loser blokes when this photo was published.

This is her workplace (the footy field) and she and every other woman (and man for that matter) should be allowed to do their job without any kind of sexual harassment/degrading comment.

This is all about (hopefully) changing the mindset of young men and boys in future with regards to treating girls/women, be it at in a school or working environment (or anywhere else) with respect and as equals

The 30 plus year old 'blokes offended by this statue and the meaning behind it, are sadly probably a lost cause.

Keep fighting the good fight Tayla

69954806_2548741865187585_275108026996752384_n.jpg

Remove this Banner Ad

Back