Spiritof82

Premiership Player
Jan 8, 2004
S**tny, the cesspit of OZ
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
Footscray
For those interested, just noticed in the bottom of the TV guide the new 7 digital channel is showing some AFL games at the small hours of the morning. Thursday morning 0130 Dogs vs Eagles rd 21 1999 and at 0330 there's Dogs vs Pies Rd 15 2009. On Friday morning at 0130 they have Dogs vs Tiggers Rd 17 2001 and on Sat morning at 0130 again there's Dogs vs Aints first prelim 2009.
There's two games shown each morning and some days there's other teams shown but at least the doggies do get a bit of air time and the good thing its the old games where we can watch Grant play again.:cool:

Re: 7 Two Digital

The round 22 game from 1998 is actually one I'd love to watch again. Probably the best game of the year from a neutral supporter's point of view.
That was a belter. Bubba and Granty in full flight!

Re: 7 Two Digital

Looks like the footy flashback programs have been replaced by home shopping bullsh1t, just four days after the new channel launched.
Absolutely Pathetic. :thumbsdown:

Western Bulldogs games on 7TWO

Upcoming games featuring the Western Bulldogs on 7TWO

Friday 6th November 1am to 3:30am 2001 Rd 17 vs Richmond at Docklands

Saturday 7th November 1am to 3:30am 2009 1st Preliminary Final vs St Kilda at MCG

Tuesday 10th November 3:30am to 5:30am 1997 1st Preliminary Final vs Adelaide at MCG

Friday 13th November 3:30am to 5:30am 1998 Rd 22 vs North Melbourne at MCG

Monday 16th November 3:45am to 6am 1996 Rd 19 vs Hawthorn at Waverley

Re: Western Bulldogs games on 7TWO

Friday 6th November 1am to 3:30am 2001 Rd 17 vs Richmond at Docklands

Great game, s**t result.

Remember us getting screwed by the umps in the final seconds when Brown's head was nearly ripped off.

Saturday 7th November 1am to 3:30am 2009 1st Preliminary Final vs St Kilda at MCG

:( Still

Tuesday 10th November 3:30am to 5:30am 1997 1st Preliminary Final vs Adelaide at MCG

I'll be sure to be up to watch and tape this one *vomit*

:(

Friday 13th November 3:30am to 5:30am 1998 Rd 22 vs North Melbourne at MCG

Man this was a ripper, 68K at the G for us and North, top of the ladder battle, see sawing, Carey and Grant both on fire

Magnificent

Monday 16th November 3:45am to 6am 1996 Rd 19 vs Footscray at Waverley

Hmmm, doesn't say who its against but if its 1996 I'm willing to bet its one where we get belted

Bloody horrible year

this would have been more appropriately played on friday 13th...

(Log in to remove this ad.)

God, you'd give you're left leg to have Grant in todays team wouldn't you :(

Add a few more, Darcy dominating ruck, Libba tagging their best, West racking them up as usual and I hate to say it, but Brown always snapping them when needed. Always liked Robbins as well, gave his all and was capable of absolute brilliance.

It's a shame that Ellis never really turned into the player he could have. Had a really good 6-12 months where he could have been anything, but...

It's a shame that Ellis never really turned into the player he could have. Had a really good 6-12 months where he could have been anything, but...

I take full responsibility.

In the late 90's the Dogs came over th Perth for a preseason game and afterwards there was a meet the team in the Subiaco Club rooms.

I'd had a few beers by then and I fronted Ellis and told him it was time for him to step up and play to his best consistently, the team needed him, he was the key... blah blah.
Anyway I don't think he ever played well after that.

My mate always reckons that with that outburst I ended Ellis's career.

Sorry. My bad!:rolleyes:

I thought it was an odd choice of game. I actually had to look twice to make sure i'd looked up the right game.

So it's 100% that game?

If they are OK to slow hammerings hopefully they show the DOgs vs RIchmond game where we beat them by 110-odd.

So it's 100% that game?

If they are OK to slow hammerings hopefully they show the DOgs vs RIchmond game where we beat them by 110-odd.

They seem to be showing a few different types of games. The green guide has them down as frantic finishes, grand finals and AFL superstars so i presume thats why Dunstall kicking 12 is there.

They seem to be showing a few different types of games. The green guide has them down as frantic finishes, grand finals and AFL superstars so i presume thats why Dunstall kicking 12 is there.

Didn't notice the superstars bit. Makes sense now.

Round 21, 1999 v West Coast - and why not the Round 23, 1992 game?

7TWO will be having at least its second showing of the Western Bulldogs v West Coast match from Round 21 of 1999 this Saturday morning. It was a thrilling game in which the Bulldogs got up by two points after leading all day. It was a preview of the First Qualifying Final two weeks later in which the Eagles reversed the result (I have the very last part as a preview to a copy I was given of the 1983 Qualifying Final).

When I think of this game, I wonder the more why 7TWO cannot or do not want to show the Round 23, 1992 game between the same pair of clubs and played minus a day exactly seven years apart - which was like the 1999 game a critical battle for finals positions. What happened in the 1992 game still amazes me. In torrential rain and high winds the Eagles kicked only two behinds to three-quarter time! However, the fact that a team which did this won the premiership is, one reflection, not nearly so flukish as might be thought. Wet weather (or at least muddy grounds) historically seems to have always disfavoured teams like the Eagles and Carlton of that era who relied on skilled backmen to defeat powerful attacks by consistently winning one-on-one contests.

Would you love 7TWO to show the 1992 game? Do you think it can teach people not old enough to have seen or read about it from the time anything?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back