Scandal 7 VFL/AFL premiership teams found to have cheated the salary cap

Should Hawthorn, North Melbourne,Essendon and Carlton be stripped of their illegally obtained flags?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

100%. Was a dumb decision not to take advantage of the amnesty. $515k over the cap in a 6 year period. It's not a lot to be honest compared to what was probably going on at other clubs. That figure was after the Tax Dept went through us as well. Would be interesting to know what the clubs that took the amnesty were up to.

100%. Was a dumb decision not to take advantage of the amnesty. $515k over the cap in a 6 year period. It's not a lot to be honest compared to what was probably going on at other clubs. That figure was after the Tax Dept went through us as well. Would be interesting to know what the clubs that took the amnesty were up to.
I wasn’t aware of this amnesty. Which teams were offered it and took it?

Sorry for the bump, but I see Don Scott is making news regarding this now.

Just the lazy 18 months after Tom Basso wrote the piece for us stating as much...

Screw it, I'm blowing our own horn here. Tom was spot on. Better researcher than 95% of the people employed by the big sites.

Now I'm going to go and write about less important things. :)

On SM-G973F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Fine to note that premiership teams that potentially breached the cap but my guess is all clubs (bar Fitzroy who were so poor I'm amazed players got paid) were up to dodgy deals during the period.

Not Geelong, they were as busted arse as the best of them at the time and couldn't / wouldn't stump up $5k to keep Diesel Williams.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Back