AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - 3x AA 🏅🏅🏅 4x Crichton Medallist 🥇🥇🥇🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

The more you think about it, the more exciting it is to get one of SPP or Wines for Fantasia.

Of all the kids on our list, Zac is the one most likely to be pushed out for him. Playing him on a wing/HFF could see him go to another level.

He’ll still play midfield minutes but maybe move down a rung

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

The more you think about it, the more exciting it is to get one of SPP or Wines for Fantasia.

Of all the kids on our list, Zac is the one most likely to be pushed out for him. Playing him on a wing/HFF could see him go to another level.

He’ll still play midfield minutes but maybe move down a rung

Merrett won't be moved from the centre. If we got SPP one of two things will occur.

1. SPP is a dominant addition to Essendon's VFL side; or

2. Parish becomes a small forward.

Merrett will play an almost identical role in 2020 as he did this year. SPP isn't remotely good enough to change that. Parish is, by far, the one most likely to be pushed out if we trade for another inside midfielder.

Merrett won't be moved from the centre. If we got SPP one of two things will occur.

1. SPP is a dominant addition to Essendon's VFL side; or

2. Parish becomes a small forward.

Merrett will play an almost identical role in 2020 as he did this year. SPP isn't remotely good enough to change that. Parish is, by far, the one most likely to be pushed out if we trade for another inside midfielder.
Or 3. Langford is banned from the midfield.

Three years ban to the man who missed Merrett with a beer .... bugger

https://7news.com.au/sport/afl/foot...anded-out-for-beer-throwing-incident-c-493781

A football fan has been slapped with one of the toughest penalties ever handed down to a spectator for bad behaviour.

Indigenous business leader Noel Bridge has been banned from attending any AFL match, anywhere in the country, for three years.

The ban comes after Bridge threw a beer during a controversial Nic Naitanui hair-pulling incident.

Bridge had a ringside seat when Essendon's Zach Merrett tangled with the Eagles star during September's elimination final.

Naitanui fought back, shoving Merrett into the fence.

As Essendon players weighed in, Bridge launched a beer over the boundary, mostly missing Merrett and soaking a boundary camera.

Bridge was sitting in one of the most exclusive areas of Optus Stadium, known as The Locker Room, where punters are so close to the ground they are almost part of the action.

But the AFL says spectators are not supposed to join in.

7NEWS understands Bridge left Optus Stadium minutes after throwing his drink and flew to Adelaide.

He operates his company, First Acuity Management, from an office in Perth but lives in South Australia.

Attempts by 7NEWS to contact him in the last month have been unsuccessful.

The three-year ban imposed by the AFL's integrity department equals one handed out to a streaker who invaded Optus Stadium in May last year during a one-day international cricket match.

Bridge is the youngest son of WA's first Aboriginal state minister Ernie Bridge.

He will not be able to attend another AFL match until September 2022.

As one whom hypothetically spoke about trading this guy for a seriously high end draft picks. Have seen some recap of his 2019 and how wrong I was.

He was unlucky not to make the All Australian squad it was that under rated. I may have been harsh on the trade hypothetical but as a vehemently passionate Essendon supporter, I want to see more. He is learning to do the things without ball in hand and becoming a more rounded player in the making.

Well done

As one whom hypothetically spoke about trading this guy for a seriously high end draft picks. Have seen some recap of his 2019 and how wrong I was.

He was unlucky not to make the All Australian squad it was that under rated. I may have been harsh on the trade hypothetical but as a vehemently passionate Essendon supporter, I want to see more. He is learning to do the things without ball in hand and becoming a more rounded player in the making.

Well done
He was way off what he can be. His ball use was off, missed wide open targets too often inside 50 and completely turned it over at some really crucial stages. His tackle pressure seemed down as well. When he hunts a player he is at his most dangerous and when he combines that with elite ball use (which he is clearly capable of) he will be AA again. What i did like in the 2nd half of the season was that he was kicking goals a lot more.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

But they say helmets are useless because it's the brain hitting the skull that does the damage not the skull hitting something else.
In general they are designed to reduce the deceleration of the skull as a result reducing the impact of the brain on the skull

Love Merrett, hope he can get back into the Bont, Cripps & Kelly discussions..
Reckon he will be your best player since Hird when his career is said and done (surpassing Jobe).

Love Merrett, hope he can get back into the Bont, Cripps & Kelly discussions..
Reckon he will be your best player since Hird when his career is said and done (surpassing Jobe).
Fun facts.

Zerrett averaged more touches, more tackles and had a better disposal efficiency than Bont last year.

He averaged more touches, tackles, inside 50s, centre clearances and 1%'s than Kelly.

More disposals, marks, metres gained and 1%'s than Cripps.

So no, he doesn't need to "get back into the discussion." Opposition fans need to stop being ignorant.

3rd episode of the 'Hello Game Day Podcast' with Zach Merrett! Don't forget to subscribe for weekly episodes with new guests!

Remove this Banner Ad

Back