AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - 3x AA 🏅🏅🏅 4x Crichton Medallist 🥇🥇🥇🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

According to the Carlton board Zac only finished ahead of Cripps because he had no one to take votes off him.

Except every opposition player. He poled 11 votes in games we lost.

It's honestly pretty bloody hilarious. Cripps got 18 votes and he is an absolute star. As good an inside player as there is in the comp, all at the age of 20. They should just celebrate that.

Instead they choose to focus on Merrett finishing a single vote ahead in an award often derided as meaningless anyway, and probably put it down to some pro-Essendon AFL conspiracy or something.

Jesus ******* wept.

obssessionfragrence.img

Daniher had a better year this year yet ended up with less votes.

He didn't have many huge games but had a lot of good consistent ones. A lot of games where kicked ~2 goals. He actually polled votes in the 2 games i expected him too. Melbourne and Carlton wins. Goals are going to be a lot easier to come by next year and I expect he might poll a few extra but as a key forward its not easy to do well in the brownlow these days.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

He'll be better again, but I reckon he'll finish with less votes once he has a half decent midfield to 'complete' with. He was a big fish in a small pond this year.
will be a bigger fish in a big pond next season.
Kid has footy smarts, durability and above all else applies 4 quarter efforts.

The length of the extension makes sense as it ties in with the new TV rights deal which is 2017 to 2022 - Good for Zac who will be a RFA at the end of 2021, so he can field offers from other clubs.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back