AFL Player # 7: Indefatigable Zach Merrett (c) - 3x AA 🏅🏅🏅 4x Crichton Medallist 🥇🥇🥇🥇

Remove this Banner Ad

I wonder what the biggest gap between 1st and 2nd in our B&F has been in the past.

That record is a few weeks away from being shattered into a million little Zerrett-shaped pieces.
Probably right...but JD has had a great year (kicking issues aside), Kelly has been consistently good, Goddard will do well and people forget how exceptional Zaharakis has been when not tagged. Others might pop up for playing their team role.

Needs 14 points more than Dangerfield this week to be number 1 dream teamer of the year.

Yes I know Dream Team is irrelevant etc and I'm not saying he's the best or 2nd best player in the comp but when you look at the other players on that list it's a pretty impressive group:
1) Dangerfield
2) Zerrett
3) Parker
4) Neale
5) Treloar
6) Hanneberry
7) Gawn
8) Dusty Martin
9) Pendlebury
10) Gibbs
11) Sloane

Not a bad group to be in amongst.

I cant remember seeing a player so good at his age..
Is he the best young player we've had since Hird or Watson came through 25/30 odd years ago?

I cant remember seeing a player so good at his age..
Is he the best young player we've had since Hird or Watson came through 25/30 odd years ago?

James Hird wasn't as good at the same age - he was already 21 by the time he stepped up during 1994. Heppell comes the closest recently though I think Merrett is outpacing him.

I can't speak for Timmy Watson but the obvious candidate is Matthew Lloyd who kicked 70 goals as a 20 year old.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

People forget how good he looked early days, considering he was in a Matthew Knights defense!

He was seriously something else, i can't think of any current young key defender with his skill set and physical traits.

Perhaps Jake Lever, but at the same stage of their careers Pears was definitely playing the better footy

I wonder what the biggest gap between 1st and 2nd in our B&F has been in the past.

That record is a few weeks away from being shattered into a million little Zerrett-shaped pieces.
Not really. Zaka will be about 100 votes behind, Watson won one of his by over 300.

Not really. Zaka will be about 100 votes behind, Watson won one of his by over 300.

Really?

How does the voting/point system work?

I feel like if it's Top 5 from each game getting votes, Merrett's a genuine chance to poll in 90% of our games. As good as some of Zakka's games have been, he's also been nowhere near Top 5 in around ten (?) games.

Really?

How does the voting/point system work?

I feel like if it's Top 5 from each game getting votes, Merrett's a genuine chance to poll in 90% of our games. As good as some of Zakka's games have been, he's also been nowhere near Top 5 in around ten (?) games.
members of the match committee give up to 8 players votes out of 10

so number of players getting votes in a game can vary greatly

Remove this Banner Ad

Back