VFL Past #75: Kurt Aylett

Remove this Banner Ad

In terms of established talent maybe but in terms of future this absolutely is given Jobe will retire at the end of his current contract.
I agree, was just repeating what was said in case that might've been where eth heard it. Presumably they think they've either got people to train into that role, that they'll trade someone in like that in the next year or two or that they'll draft someone next year more conveniently than they can this year. Given that we have enough depth of inside mids in the VFL as well, I'd probably lean towards the first option.

How was he for Werribee?
Excellent end to the year, averaged around the 22/23 possession mark for his last 10 games. A few noteable games came against Richmond (33 disposals, 4 tackles), Geelong (26 disposals, 13 tackles) and Collingwood (27 disposals, 18 tackles!!!).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Excellent end to the year, averaged around the 22/23 possession mark for his last 10 games. A few noteable games came against Richmond (33 disposals, 4 tackles), Geelong (26 disposals, 13 tackles) and Collingwood (27 disposals, 18 tackles!!!).
Like that he improves the VFL side but id be expecting Clarke and Mutch to get those kinds of numbers this year and im hoping his addition doesnt stunt the development of players such as Guelfi/Laverde/Begley/Mynott with the first 3 id be hoping would spend more time in the middle if not playing AFL level football.

Like that he improves the VFL side but id be expecting Clarke and Mutch to get those kinds of numbers this year and im hoping his addition doesnt stunt the development of players such as Guelfi/Laverde/Begley/Mynott with the first 3 id be hoping would spend more time in the middle if not playing AFL level football.

Doubt it's a problem.

He'll end up playing the midfield minutes required to rotate everyone else through the game time we need to give them.

We had some pretty average players playing last year.

Doubt it's a problem.

He'll end up playing the midfield minutes required to rotate everyone else through the game time we need to give them.

We had some pretty average players playing last year.
We had some average players but i dont think the midfield was the issue in that regard, thought we lacked a cohesive forward line at times and some pretty poor skill errors in general.

Sort of fills the role Nick Hind played. He will not take midfield time from those mentioned. I think last year proved we play the Essendon listed players in the best positions that suit with the VFL players taking on the secondary roles.

Sort of fills the role Nick Hind played. He will not take midfield time from those mentioned. I think last year proved we play the Essendon listed players in the best positions that suit with the VFL players taking on the secondary roles.
Would be disappointing. He's more suited to an inside role IMO. I'd rather we scour somewhere else to replace Hind

Would be disappointing. He's more suited to an inside role IMO. I'd rather we scour somewhere else to replace Hind

I did say sort of :) He will play some inside midfield but it will be in the second rotation. He will most likely also play some wing. He will be replacing Hind as an experienced VFL player.

I did say sort of :) He will play some inside midfield but it will be in the second rotation. He will most likely also play some wing. He will be replacing Hind as an experienced VFL player.
Second rotation is where we lost the prelim last year IMO, their second one bullied ours so that's a good thing really. Expect the first rotation to be Clarke/Mutch/Begley? Or someone like that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back