Kakkle

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life
Jun 2, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Los Angeles Dodgers
Him and Stanton to be the VFL leaders for next season. Humble to the end.

They'll both move on to other things. Them playing VFL next year, would seem kind of...sad.

SherbertLemon

Cancelled
Apr 7, 2013
AFL Club
Essendon
The kind of player you remember after 20 years irrespective of the sum of games played.

Thanks Heath. Enjoy your after footy career!

Helped get us into finals in his final game.

Thanks for everything Heath.

Always sucks this time of year. Probably why those calls for players to not have mad Monday are absolute trash. Last proper time the group is all together as one.

BrunoV

Brownlow Medallist
May 5, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Always had time for Hocking as a player. He was much more effective that it seemed but I think the reality that our midfield was so slow and defensively un-accountable made him seem to be more of a problem than he was.

I have to say, though, that I'm bemused that this is how it has ended. From 'comeback Buddah, be part of our Comeback Story, we love you' to 'thanks but you won't be offered another contract'.

I don't care that it's form over substance, that was our list management strategy inviting the players back. This doesn't feel very dignified.

Stopher

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2012
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Helped get us into finals in his final game.

Thanks for everything Heath.

Always sucks this time of year. Probably why those calls for players to not have mad Monday are absolute trash. Last proper time the group is all together as one.

It's such a s**t call. You'd think that after everything this group has gone through, the media would see them as actual people and not just players.

Only when it suits, apparently.

katana

Club Legend
Jul 12, 2013
Northcote
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
San Antonio Spurs
Always had time for Hocking as a player. He was much more effective that it seemed but I think the reality that our midfield was so slow and defensively un-accountable made him seem to be more of a problem than he was.

I have to say, though, that I'm bemused that this is how it has ended. From 'comeback Buddah, be part of our Comeback Story, we love you' to 'thanks but you won't be offered another contract'.

I don't care that it's form over substance, that was our list management strategy inviting the players back. This doesn't feel very dignified.
how long does the club need to pay lip service to 'saga-afflicted' players for? he's a big boy, reckon maybe he can take it.

Capt Hindsight

Cancelled
Sep 22, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon

He's out of contract and turning 30 next year and only managed 2 games. Was always going to be delisted.
When he signed back on he knew it was a 1 year deal and most likely his last at senior AFL level.
Not sure what is so undignified about it.

It's such a s**t call. You'd think that after everything this group has gone through, the media would see them as actual people and not just players.

Only when it suits, apparently.

I don't mind when media nobodies make the call, maybe they were never part of a club or played the game, or maybe they don't understand it. That is more an ignorance which is excusable.

What pissed me off was the past players peddling the line, Lloyd being one of them.
You hear it from a lot of older people, or past players. This need to be tough, no don't celebrate, soak up the sadness, internalise it to turn it into rage and then come out swinging the next season and win the flag.

he's a professional athlete and a smart guy. All players would have been spoken to about where they stood and what to expect.

Speaking to Howlett earlier in the year, he was just happy to be back playing, it didn't matter the level. Wouldn't be surprised if Heath was the same.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back