$789 per Australian per Year to Subsidise Fossil Fuels

Remove this Banner Ad

the answer is and always has been simple............increase GST

Increasing GST ensures tax collection and makes Australian businesses more competitive than imports
We can agree on this much. I think its the only weapon we have against transfer pricing as far as realpolitik goes

so we have one source complaining about job losses and no reference to cost benefit or effectiveness; and
another source talking about the investment in the ATO, the cost benefit and effectiveness

which has credibility? the one that seeks an emotive response or one that presents facts?
If it wasnt the department that investigated offshoring that was gutted you may have a point.

But it was and as such you dont.

We can agree on this much. I think its the only weapon we have against transfer pricing as far as realpolitik goes

if we increase GST:

we would need to increase social security, social welfare, the minimum wage, increase the tax free threshold and increase the low income earners rebate (and pay quarterly rather than yearly)

if we increase GST:

we would need to increase social security, social welfare, the minimum wage, increase the tax free threshold and increase the low income earners rebate (and pay quarterly rather than yearly)
I have zero problems with this, corporate tax avoidance costs us far more than it would cost to do that.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back