Danger in Texas

DID I STUTTER?
Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, East Side, Knights
Glad they have Katich on for more matches this year, really like his analysis. Him, Lane and Punter are working well together right now

JezzasOnTheAsphalt

All Australian
May 14, 2018
AFL Club
Collingwood
I don’t really understand Michael Vaughan being on fox cricket. England aren’t here and everyone knows how much the guy loves trolling Australian cricket. Mainly just haven’t found him to be particularly insightful as a commentator either.

Cleavy

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 28, 2004
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I don’t really understand Michael Vaughan being on fox cricket. England aren’t here and everyone knows how much the guy loves trolling Australian cricket. Mainly just haven’t found him to be particularly insightful as a commentator either.
playing the "modern Tony Greig" role sticking up for the tourists.

corbies

Spec Moderator
Jul 31, 2010
Newcastle
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
S'roos, New Jets, WHam, Cronulla
He was actually one of the only Englishman during the Ashes who gave credit to Smith/ the Aussie bowlers without it being through gritted teeth.

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I really like Vaughan as a commentator. He's a deadshit on twitter though.

7 probably have the better commentators with Ponting and Katich but I like Wasim Akram on Fox.

But 7 have Slats which sucks a bit.
There are pros and cons with both hence why I have 7's pictures and Macquarie Sports Radio on.

Richard Pryor

Norm Smith Medallist
Feb 6, 2013
AFL Club
Hawthorn
I really like Vaughan as a commentator. He's a deadshit on twitter though.

7 probably have the better commentators with Ponting and Katich but I like Wasim Akram on Fox.

But 7 have Slats which sucks a bit.
Ramiz Raja is 7's Pakistani commentator but he seems to have barely been in the box this whole Test.

frankrizzo

Brownlow Medallist
Jan 6, 2004
jfgjgfj
Yep, I thought that was a bit untidy.

Vaughan looked uncomfortable TBH.
It also makes no sense, collingwood made a fighting 90 at the gabba then followed it up with a double ton at adelaide, it wasn't his fault the ashes was all but over by the end of that test , warnie always had this crap about having to prove you belong to the club by doing it vs the best but even when collingwood did the business with the bat agiant the best around warne still slagged him off.

Way i see it warne is just a petty insecure bloke pretending to be the coolest bloke in the room and he seems to invent slights against his honor over seemingly innocuous or even just plain made up grievances.

Father Jack

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 23, 2006
between hope and reality
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
It was funny listening to Warne going on about how even he was dropped a couple of times early in his career so its something that young players have to expect before they consolidate their spot, and then have someone point out that Warne got dropped again late in his career in the West Indies.

Father Jack

Brownlow Medallist
Mar 23, 2006
between hope and reality
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur FC
I recently read an article bemoaning how poor the MNF coverage had become in the US, with their focus on big garish graphics and clueless commentators, and it got me wondering why TV stations are so keen to attract non-sports fans to their telecasts even at the risk of alienating the rusted-ons who make the rights so valuable in the first place. It's certainly how it felt in Nine's last few years.

Top Bottom