Norm Smith Medallist
Sep 8, 2000
Canberra, ACT, Australia
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
CUFC RCFC OM ACF DLC LFC KSC PRLC
Prefer C7 for a couple of reasons.

1. C7 have Ricky Ponting who is the most insightful cricket commentator going round. Also I don't mind Allison Mitchell and Glenn McGrath has been a bit of surprise.
2. Fox have Warne and Vaughan. Warne is just terrible, the worst commentator in history and his mastery of the English language is embarrassing at best. And Vaughan is bland and compared to Ponting is third rate at best.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Coops93

Premiership Player
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Dislike Howie, Warne is annoying. Isa is surprisingly good, but Ponting is probably the best commentator overall I'd say, I also don't mind Hussey.

Fox has more bells a whistles whilst 7 keeps it simple. Overall I'd say I find 7 less annoying than Fox, though Fox has some redeeming features like no ads and couple of the features are good - though a few are rubbish. So they balance out imo, I can watch either and enjoy it. If I get sick of ads I'll put Fox on (Kayo) but if Warne is annoying more or the fluff is getting in the way I'll flick it back to 7.

Danger in Texas

DID I STUTTER?
Mar 28, 2011
Pluto
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Reds, Lakers, East Side, Knights
Have watched Fox a couple of times when I've been away on holiday (and the TV has Foxtel lol), and can honestly say it's not much of an improvement on 7, if any at all. So 7 for me

McGrath's actually improved this year which has been big for 7, was quite bland last summer but have found him more insightful this time around. Really like Ponting, Mitchell, Brayshaw, Lane, Katich and Blewett, too. Can deal with Fleming and Slats

Ishikawa

Club Legend
Jul 18, 2018
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm not sure how you can dislike Howie.

He comes off as a bit of an Andy Maher type, but I challenge you to listen to his podcast series, will change your opinion of him.
Yet to listen to his podcast, but yeah I think he's genuinely good value in the commentary box and in the media in general.

Conveys the enthusiasm & nostalgia of a fan, has the depth of knowledge can be a bit jokey but comes across pretty well. It's never cool to be positive about any presenter or commentator ever and people will whinge about anything, but yeah he's a plus imo.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Wines to cripps

Senior List
Suspended
Oct 15, 2019
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
I'm not sure how you can dislike Howie.

He comes off as a bit of an Andy Maher type, but I challenge you to listen to his podcast series, will change your opinion of him.
Spot on... He nails the host role so much much better then the hacks on 7..fox has loads of dead time with no ads and he slides in to fill the air time..

Fox with Kerrie ofeffe was so good hearing him talk it's refreshing to hear someone talk and ask questions about cricket not like Slater and co...

Premiership Player
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
I don't have Fox.
Seven has Slater. Therefore Fox must be better.
Both networks have their drawbacks. Slats was a dickhead on 9 but I don't think he's been too bad on 7.

did anyone else experience a few signal drop outs with the WBBL semis/final on Fox Cricket, but the ch7 feed had no issues?
Yes. Fox worked fine for me today but there was a break in transmission yesterday.

Admiral Byng

Brownlow Medallist
May 3, 2009
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
Perth Scorchers
I like the Fox team better.

Only question I have, how does Howie get a gig? I mean he's not bad, but all the rest of them have played cricket at the top level, mens or womens.

Top Bottom