holybishop

Premiership Player
Oct 9, 2006
Perth
AFL Club
Fremantle
Other Teams
GC Suns, Western Warriors/Scorchers
The difference between the picture quality of Fox's 4K coverage and 7's "HD" feed is lightyears apart. No matter how painful Warne can get after watching 4K cricket I will never be able to accept the FTA broadcast.

Last edited:

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 25, 2017
AFL Club
Brisbane Lions
It was funny listening to Warne going on about how even he was dropped a couple of times early in his career so its something that young players have to expect before they consolidate their spot, and then have someone point out that Warne got dropped again late in his career in the West Indies.

And boy did he crack the sads about that.

My love for Isa Guha has me firmly in the fox camp, I actually like Howie as well, I feel he knows how role and doesn't try to be a star, and of course skull is awesome
Warne however is absolutely awful
Trade Warne for the brilliant Ponting somehow and there would be zero reason to even consider watching 7

They used to leash Warne pretty well on the Sky coverage in England, but here for some reason he gets to crap on about cheese pizzas, getting out for 99 and where they're going to go for their post-stumps piss-up with no one in management telling him to shut up and concentrate on the bloody cricket that's actually happening right now

May 24, 2006
Car 55
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Redbacks, Sturt, Liverpool, Arizona
I recently read an article bemoaning how poor the MNF coverage had become in the US, with their focus on big garish graphics and clueless commentators, and it got me wondering why TV stations are so keen to attract non-sports fans to their telecasts even at the risk of alienating the rusted-ons who make the rights so valuable in the first place. It's certainly how it felt in Nine's last few years.
Does anyone become attracted to a sport due to the commentators? Seems ridiculous that they think this brings in new people

nobbyiscool

Cancelled
WWE Board Goosed Sweet F.A Sikh Volunteers Charity Match Tasmanian Team NFL Fantasy Comp Champion Armchair Endzone Major Comp Champion
Aug 11, 2006
I've got Kayo but never feel the need to watch it on that over 7. The 7 coverage is fine.

I'm pretty much the same. Ponting is enough to keep me from feeling the need to stream. Watching him and McGrath break down Starc's change in action is why I don't feel the need to hear Warne, Howard and O'keefe.

PT Bar None

Banal Chaos
Cake Connoisseur
Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Hawthorn
The barrage of cross promotion that modern free to air has become does my head in. I like Test cricket. I don't like MKR. No I'm not going to watch MKR despite how much you flog it during the Test telecast.

7 aren't as bad as 9 got with The Block, etc. and 10 turned the preamble of the F1 from one of the best introductions to the season possible into effectively Studio 10 from Albert Park. Have given up on that sport altogether now. 9 killed my watching of international white ball cricket

Pykie

Cancelled
10k Posts A Star Wars Fan Pokemon is Life North Melbourne - North 2007 Player Sponsor North Melbourne - 2013 Daw, Black and Gibson Player Sponsorship
Sep 17, 2006
Lord's
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
Leeds United
I’ve been watching Fox.

I can put up with Warne to listen to Vaughan.

Vaughen’s the best in the business and I like a non-bias view.

Prefer C7 for a couple of reasons.

1. C7 have Ricky Ponting who is the most insightful cricket commentator going round. Also I don't mind Allison Mitchell and Glenn McGrath has been a bit of surprise.
2. Fox have Warne and Vaughan. Warne is just terrible, the worst commentator in history and his mastery of the English language is embarrassing at best. And Vaughan is bland and compared to Ponting is third rate at best.

Pistol Night

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 3, 2019
AFL Club
Collingwood
Cold Chisel had a hit with the song "Ita." Should reinvent it and change the title to "Isa." She is a ripper.

Chalk and cheese in their delivery though. The dulcet tones of Isa, compared to Jimmy screaming like he got his dick slammed in the fridge door.

Coops93

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 19, 2015
Gold Coast
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Arsenal, Denver Broncos
Dislike Howie, Warne is annoying. Isa is surprisingly good, but Ponting is probably the best commentator overall I'd say, I also don't mind Hussey.

Fox has more bells a whistles whilst 7 keeps it simple. Overall I'd say I find 7 less annoying than Fox, though Fox has some redeeming features like no ads and couple of the features are good - though a few are rubbish. So they balance out imo, I can watch either and enjoy it. If I get sick of ads I'll put Fox on (Kayo) but if Warne is annoying more or the fluff is getting in the way I'll flick it back to 7.

Back